Aww man....

PittsburghCutie
on 9/13/07 11:12 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I feel great today. I took trish's advice in my last post and went back to my prior posts last night to notice my demeanor change. Damn. She was right. With that, I dragged my ass out of bed at 6am, to make my 7am home group meeting. *sigh* Entering the room just lifted bad vibes, I don't understand, I don't want to understand, all I know is my higher power at this point and time are my meetings and God. I spoke up with my miserable self this morning, apologized for not coming the last two weeks and told them I felt like crap, I haven't drank, but I feel like crap. Mark cross talked and said "Liz, if you had cancer and felt like **** would you stop going to chemo?" me- NO! Mark-"Then why would you stop coming to meetings, when you feel like ****"

Wow, that was a wake up!

Another thing I'd like to pass along, always remember the first 3 words, on page 112, of the big book. Always remember it!

Life is good today. Another reason life is good today, I weighed myself this morning and chimed in at 157. That's a big deal to me. 298-157 = 141 pounds lost since surgery almost 3 years ago.

Life is good.

Liz

ps-You guys are a very large part of my life right now, and I want to tell you I appreciate all of you on this board, and I thank you for listening to me from day one. I'm not gonna cry, but I truly thank you and appreciate all words of wisdom, knowledge, and love.

pss-53 days sober
Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/13/07 11:59 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

Trish is a smart cookie..  one time.. I posted about not feeling like going back out of the house once I'm home to make the 8 oclock meetings..  and she said..  would you have gone back out of the house if you were still drinking.. .  well YES.. that's when the bar started hopping... lol..   so she helped me to realize that sobriety and making a meeting at 8 is just as important as that drink and partying at the bar at 8 or later..    we will go to any lengths.. glad you are GOOD today... life is good.. and sometimes.. down right WONDERFUL!!  LOVE YA SWEET T's

PittsburghCutie
on 9/14/07 2:01 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I nearly called you this morning in traffic, then thought to myself, if I'm in traffic going to work, she is too, no one's gonna be home if Daniel is at work too....so I hung up.

Just to say hi, and I'm thinkin of ya!

Hi Sweet t's!

Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
DarDar
on 9/14/07 4:20 am - exton, PA
Congrats on the weight loss. Glad to see that you are going to go back to meetings.  I have over 2 years and I still go to at least 5 meetings a week.  They say go to meetings until you like em....even after all this time...I don't look forward to them. But, I know I need em, so I go.  It's worked so far. Go Steelers! DarDar
339/197/124 (yeah...right)
Patricia R.
on 9/14/07 1:02 pm - Perry, MI
I think I am going to blush.    I have only shared what others before me have shared with me.  One of the benefits of having been around AA for 18 years, give or take a couple of years of relapse.   I took my own advice and have been to three AA meetings in a row.  The neat thing is, I love my 6 a.m. meeting.  It is like having morning coffee with family.  I feel like I am missing something if I do not attend any of them.   I love you and am glad I was able to help you help yourself in your recovery. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views