new to the board

janmae
on 9/7/07 1:19 am
Hello All!  I have enjoyed reading all of your post.  I was very thankful to come across this forum.  I had GBS in 2003.  I have lost 105 pounds, but still need to lose about 60 pounds.  Although I am still overweight, I feel so much better than I did at 300 plus pounds.  As many of you about a year or so out I began to enjoy my wine.  I would mainly restrict it to social occassions at first, but soon found myself enjoying it at home also.  I find it helps me relax and not be so self conscious.  I am typically more on the reserved side so it helped me to loosen up a bit.  But as I stated earlier, I soon found myself doing it at home when I had had a stressful day or then it  was to sleep better, etc.  In the past few months, I have realized this is a problem.  While I have cut back on my drinking lately, I still feel like this is a very real problem.  I don't drink during the week but I usually have 2 bottles of wine on the weekend.  This is much less than I was drinking last year.  But I feel like I am fooling myself to think that I can drink at all.  I am still trying to work through all of this. I was also wondering how this affects our bodies.  Has anyone had abnormal blood tests etc., that is directly related to drinking.  Have your doctors offered any information etc? Thanks for listening to my rambling and I appreciate all of your post.  I can really relate. Jan
Curious G.
on 9/7/07 2:56 am - Peachtree City, GA
Hi Jan - Welcome! Physically, I developed 3 ulcers from my drinking that my dr suggested were a direct result of alcohol intake.  As for blood work - those have been consistently normal thank goodness. I admire you for at least considering your issues before they become big giant elephants in the living room (so to speak). This is a great group of folks - I hope to hear more from you.  Nothing is too sacred to ask or share here! Love and light, Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/7/07 9:50 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Hi Jan.. welcome to the board.. hope you participate more with us no known bodily affects here except the usual hangover feel like **** the next day or two.. but then I never had blood tests taken around then...well there was that blowie thing I had to do that proved alcohol was HIGH in my blood system.. and my body didn't like sleeping on the concrete floor that night.. but otherwise I reckon I'm okay. When I first started  my WLS journey my surgeon asked about my drinking..  of course I lied.. just a little bit.. AND my drinking wasn't really that bad at THAT time.. but he said should you go for counseling.. and I said... 'OH NO.. I don't need that.. ' lol.. what did I know.. but like Ramon said in his post.. no help is going to help, until we are ready to see the problem and want the help  ourselves,   okay I'm rambling too.. but glad you here.. I mean.. not glad that you may have a problem.. but glad to meet ya hugsss, Rhonda
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views