Hello there..

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 9/5/07 12:01 pm - Houston, TX
I am new to this board but not new to addictions.. I am a recovering alcoholic.. Sober for over 12 years..  I stopped a pain pill addiction about 21 months ago and it feels great.. I know that this is a daily struggle and I hope that it will continue to be a struggle because it reminds me to be grateful for what I have..  I hope you all don't mind a new person hanging out.. 
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/5/07 1:44 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Hi Ramon..  the more the merrier..   congratulations on the 12 years sober.. and on addressing the pain pills addiction.  I know it must be a burden off your shoulders and mind. I was just with a group yesterday and we read .. (A Vision For You) out of the Big Book.  I really liked that chapter.  That first paragraph in it sure strikes a chord with me.. as I'm sure it does to every alcohoic reading it.  I've been sober since 11/18/06, altho I still have a lot of work I need to do.. like still get a sponsor and work the steps.  And get a home group.. that has been my battle of late..  just trying to do it right so not to screw up later. There are some really wonderful people on here.. and I'm glad you found us.. hugs, Rhonda
Curious G.
on 9/5/07 7:45 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Hello and welcome!   I like what you said about the daily struggle.  It's when I forget that I'm an alcoholic that I start treading on dangerous ground.  My HP has indeed removed the desire to drink, but I still have all the "ism". :-)  Working my program really helps that however and I'm so grateful to have a program that helps me with LIVING - not just drinking. Nice to see you here - hope to hear more from you in the days to come I'm Michelle - a GRATEFUL recovering alcoholic. Love and light, m
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

PittsburghCutie
on 9/5/07 11:34 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Ramon-

Welcome to the board.....
Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
DarDar
on 9/6/07 2:33 am - exton, PA
How Do! Welcome. DarDar
339/197/124 (yeah...right)
Patricia R.
on 9/6/07 12:27 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Ramon, Welcome to the forum.  I am thrilled to see newcomers share their experience, strength and hope with us.  I am so happy that you are able to come here and tell us you have been sober fort 12 years.  I had over 8 years a while ago, but threw it away for a few years.  I am coming up on six years in a few weeks.  One day at a time. Thanks for joining us.   Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Karen N.
on 9/7/07 3:31 am - Charlotte, NC

Welcome Ramon!

I knew there was a reason I liked you...we alkies tend to gravatate to each other, don't we. In hindsight, the Gratitude List should have been my first clue!

Another day by the grace,

Karen

Friend of Bill W.   "I come from a long line of plump women with bad knees"

marieh
on 9/7/07 9:22 pm - So. Easton, MA
Hi Ramon!! Welcome!! I've celebrated sobriety for 21 years now.  Congratulations on conquering two life threatening addictions!  I take my life, my sobriety, and my strength one day at a time, as you do! :) Glad you came to the board and we hope to hear more from you!! Marie

Lalocaweta
on 9/10/07 7:42 am - Spicewood, TX
Sexy Ramon: You and I have so mu*****ommon - guess it must be the Texas in us. I need to come to this forum more - as I need to work on my issues a little harder.... I am so happy to hear you overcame the pill addiction. You really rock. Anne
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views