Acting out :(

marieh
on 9/3/07 4:39 am - So. Easton, MA
Well, I'm down 30 and while I'm not touching booze, I AM shopping like a fiend. Because I'm bored and anxious about a friend *****jected me,  I've turned to QVC and a few stores to make me feel better.  I went to an NA meeting last week and that's when the shopping went into full tilt! (so much for that meeting helping me)  I DO like the all women's AA meeting I went to several months before, and if I feel I need it again, I'll go back.  But I'm not feeling liek I'm there just yet. I will ahve my husband block the three shopping channels I check out on cable, and go from there. This has to stop! My bill is goign to be astronomical when it comes in.  Back to step 1 for me.

Patricia R.
on 9/3/07 10:06 am - Perry, MI
I hear you, Marie.  It sucks when the credit card bill comes in.  I have no credit cards anymore, but have used my Visa check card to act out and then been really in trouble when I have to pay a regular bill, like rent or electric. Try to work the steps on this.  Give up the credit cards and avoid malls, and stores like you would people, places and things. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 9/3/07 11:14 am - So. Easton, MA
Hi Trish, One thing in my favor is I HATE going to malls now. Hate shopping unless i'ts online. So that has to end.  I hate Christmas or Hanukkah shopping too. I've been on QVC like white on rice! I'm thinking of buying stuff I don't even need. Silly things I've no business buying. I'm going to have chest pains when that bill gets here. I can tell!!  I'm giving this one to G-d and the 12 steps because I'm at a loss to getting this under control.  Hugs, Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views