One Year Ago

Patricia R.
on 8/27/07 12:28 pm - Perry, MI
It is Monday, August 27th.  One year ago tonight I was getting ready to go to bed for the last time as a "normal eater."  On August 28th, Dr. Neil Marymor changed my life with gastric bypass surgery at Barix Clinic in Langhorne.  My life has never been the same, and I am forever grateful for that. I have not followed my plan to the letter, and have had my struggles with old patterns, but overall, I am succeeding.  I have not weighed myself in over a month, so I do not know my "official" weight loss thus far.  I have my one year appointment on Wednesday.   Since my car accident July 31st, my exercise has been spotty.  Doing the elliptical triggers back pain.  Regular swimming does the same.  Walking, the bike and swimming with the noodle are about it for me just now.  So, Saturday, I walked for 30 minutes.  Sunday, I rode the bike for 25 minutes.  Today I swam with the noodle for 25 minutes and rode the bike for 30 minutes.   The best gift I have received as a result of the surgery is the wonderful group of friends I have made here, and on the Christianity and Pennsylvania forums.  The support, encouragement, and love that I have received has kept me moving forward, even when life has been anything but kind.  My old pattern was to throw up my hands and go face first into the food when life hit the fan.  Now, I have friends to talk to, pray with, and kick my butt for me.   Thanks for the best year of my life thus far.  Because of this surgery, my granddaughter has a thinner grandma, and I will go to my son's wedding on Saturday a size 18, instead of the size 28 I was a year ago today.  God is so good to me. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Curious G.
on 8/27/07 8:02 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Congratulations on your anniversary!!!  God gave you the opportunity, but YOU did the work! You are a true inspiration to me Trish - so real and genuine.  You are a bright light in this world; never forget that! love, Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Patricia R.
on 8/27/07 10:14 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks Michelle, I only give what was given to me. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 8/27/07 9:27 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Good Morning Trish.. and happy 1yr surgiversary  You have done wonderful in your  WLS.. congratulations.. and Michelle is right.. YOU really are a true inspiration.  I enjoy your posts so much and I'm always able to walk away with more knowledge or insight to any of my own problems or life issues.    Thank YOU so much for sharing so much of your life with us... big huggsss,  Rhonda
Patricia R.
on 8/27/07 10:15 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks Rhonda, Six years ago, my life was pretty lonely, as I had not yet returned to AA, and my husband and kids were gone.  Now, my life is overflowing with loving people, like you all here. Hugs, Trish
Albert Schweitzer

PittsburghCutie
on 8/28/07 1:21 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hooray!!!

Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
Karen N.
on 8/28/07 3:22 am - Charlotte, NC

Trish,

Congratulations on one year. That's so awesome. I don't know you but I know how you feel about the gifts. I am very grateful and blessed myself. I hope you continue to bask in your blessings!

Friend of Bill W.   "I come from a long line of plump women with bad knees"

marieh
on 8/28/07 12:07 pm - So. Easton, MA
Trish,  If you EVER wonder why you're my hero...re-read this post!:) Congratulations!   Marie (and thanks for grounding me!)

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views