First weigh in/ post op visit

Patricia Hagmaier
on 8/17/07 9:10 pm - Wehonah, NJ
Hey all, Yesterday, Friday the 17th was my first post op.  I FINALLY got my drain out, uuuugggghhhh felt really weird, but WOW do I feel like a different person since it came out.  I was actually able to walk an entire time around the block and before i could only make it down the street!!!! I am now starting pureed diet, love it, I am being really creative and its nice to eat something with flavor to it.      I was soooooo scared to get weighed, I did not know what to expect so I was just hoping it was down.  Wow, was it down, 14lbs in 12 days I was blown away and so grateful to the Lord to see this surgery already paying off. I went out and bought new make up and realized I really want to start taking care of myself. The hardest thing is the head hunger.  I honestly was not prepared for how intense it can be.  It will hit me out of now where too.   What I realized about myself this last week is that I was much more a compulsive eater than I realized.  I had myself fooled into thinking it was more about my body not able to lose weight and in the last week I realized is that I was not able to stop eating and as stupid as this sounds this is the first time I really owned that and accepted it. I am ready to go to a support group meeting and am hoping to go to one with my friend and angel Cindy. Anyway, I am Praising the Lord for his increadible work and grace that He as always provides a way for us.  He provieds increadible medicatons for those of us who need it , this surgery to save our lives, which really wasn't readily available until 10 years ago or so.  I just feel blessed, gloriously blessed. My prayer is that all of you will feel/be as blessed as I feel and am blessed. Love to all Trish
RHONDA FROM KY
on 8/18/07 2:34 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Hi Trish.. Congratulations on such a wonderful weightloss... and getting to eat something with flavor!!  I remember finding something that tasted good.. and was easy and eating that all the time.. like I just posted about my scrambled egg casserole meals.. it's funny how everything goes with eggs.. LOL>.. onions.. peppers.. bacon.. or shrimp.. or peas.. and corn.. LOL..  oh yeah and jalepenos and mushrooms... LOL.. of course you may not be to that stage yet... but I remember every meal being a quick egg dish.   and I may have said before.. i never watched the food network before WLS.. but I sure did after.. I had to sit and look at all those wonderful meals.. and want.. but then I was too tired to chew my eggs.. LOL..   hang in there you're doing wonderful.. I remember waking up each and every summer morning and feeling skinnier and skinnier and loving life. hugss Rhonda
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views