Im home, on the losers bench and praiseing God

Patricia Hagmaier
on 8/9/07 9:10 am - Wehonah, NJ
Hey everyone, I got home this afternoon, and other than being really sore I am doing great.  My surgery day was a nightmare.  I was supposed to have surgery at 2:15pm and didn't get into the operating room until 6:30pm, and then the surgery took 1 hour longer because of adhesions and fortunately he did not have to open me up all the way, even though it feels like it LOL. I am trying to stick to walking 5 minutes 2 times a day and I am doing well with my liquid diet. I realized, don't know why I didn't think of this before, my brain is in a way different place than my body.  It still things I have a normal stomach and wants normal food.  I don't know why it took me by surprise its not like they did a labotomy or something, but it was a good wake up call to the fact that I need to go to meetings and change my brain so I make sure I keep what I lose off for life. For those of you who commented on my Care Page, thank you it means so much to me.  I had a couple really bad days in the hospital and to know that people were praying for me and thinking of me meant so much. I love you all dearly and am forever grateful this place is here. Love Trish
Patricia R.
on 8/9/07 10:14 am - Perry, MI
Hi Trish,  Welcome home.  So glad that things went as well as they did, given the glitches.   Learning to think with our new size stomach is hard.  I am almost a year out and I still fill my plate sometimes, forgetting reality. Keep walking, sipping and breathing. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 8/9/07 12:49 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Glad you are home and doing well.. get some rest and take it easy.. walk some, but don't over do it hun.. i does get better.. promise! Rhonda
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views