Home...now my journey really begins!

marieh
on 8/5/07 11:54 am - So. Easton, MA
I'm sore and tired less and less every day. Got home Saturday and have been walking daily like I'm supposed to.  The anesthesiologist didn't put a patch on me as requested so every three hours I was dry heaving until I got another anti-nausea shot. I stayed totally off  the morphine pump hte first night and only used it a few times the next day. I'm just too paranoid for that stuff even though alcohol was my 'drug of choice'. Now my biggest challenges are coughing w/out pain, lowering myself into a chair (the toilet is a KILLER!) and getting up once I'm comfy.  I'm doing great with the intake stuff, and can't believe that I haven't felt hungry since last MONDAY! I see my PCP for a follow up on Wednesday and Dr. Hess next Friday.  It feels good to be home again! I know the journey is just beginning and I'm excited to be on the loser's bench soon! Marie

Patricia R.
on 8/5/07 12:35 pm - Perry, MI
Welcome Home Marie, And welcome to the Losers' Bench.  You are gonna do fine.  You did better than me.  I was using the pump all the time.  Did you have open or lap?  Mine was open.   Keep walking, sipping and breathing.  You will not regret it.   Hang in there.  It does get better.  You are in for the ride of your life. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 8/5/07 8:36 pm - So. Easton, MA
I tried so hard last night! I don't do pain meds all day at all..and last night getting into bed I was so sore! It hurt so much I started to get teary, then my husband made me laugh and it hurt so bad! I was up a few hours later and had to take liquid tylenol w/codeine. Two teaspoons a night isn't horrible, but it's how this starts....and I can't have that.  I am looking forward to the journey just the same!! :)  Hugs, Marie

Patricia R.
on 8/5/07 10:23 pm - Perry, MI
Keep in touch with your program.  Call your sponsor is you have one.  Be honest and tell her your concerns.  Keep the mindset that you will only take the meds as prescribed, and when it goes bye-bye, it is done.  I ended up not needing all my meds and dumping them after I was healed.   Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 8/6/07 9:19 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Glad you are home and doing well...  as well as can be expected that is take care and rest.. and oh how I long for the not wanting to eat.. those are the days my friend.. enjoy 'em!!   You'll do wonderful
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views