day 10

PittsburghCutie
on 8/2/07 1:58 am - Pittsburgh, PA
no need to reply....

Day 10, 9 meetings down...yadda yadda yadda....

I truly meant to go to a meeting last night. i woke up at 530 to make a 7AM meeting, and my meeting last night was at 8. so I lay on the couch after work, laptop on my belly watching law and order and wake up at 1030....oddly, still watching law and order(tnt network) and I'm sweating due to the bottom of the laptop on my stomach.

I go up to bed and wake up at 8.30....no way I can make it to work in time....I did set my alarm and kept hitting snooze for nearly 2 hours till my husband said will you just wake up, you're gonna be late for work.

I'm miserable today. I again, want to cry: for no reason. I missed my meeting last night. Bah.

That's it.
Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
RHONDA FROM KY
on 8/2/07 2:30 am, edited 8/2/07 3:37 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
it's good to see that you miss going sooo much that it makes you wanna cry.. i on the other hand went to Good Will and looked.. shopped.. and browsed until the closed at 9 life is good.. love ya sweet tits
Patricia Hagmaier
on 8/2/07 3:01 am - Wehonah, NJ
I feel for you.  I know exactly how you feel. I felt like that for so long. I was petrified if I missed a meeting I was going to relapse.  You are doing great though.  You know there is no difference between you and someone like me who has 14 year.  We only stay clean and sober 1 day at a time.  Once today is over it is in the past and all I will have is another today.  I used to think oldtimers were full of it when they say that, but being there now I see why.  Sometimes having long term sobriety can be harder than being brand new.   You get complacent, over confident, and forget to be grateful for everyday clean. I am grateful you are on this board, because I am reminded and I need that and it makes me grateful, grateful you are here and that I am still  here after everything I have done to my body. God bless  Trish
Patricia R.
on 8/2/07 1:07 pm - Perry, MI
Don't you just love those Law and Order mini-marathons on TNT.  I think Jack McCoy is so hot.  When my sleeping partners are cats most of the time, I get excited by grey haired guys in suits.  Oh well, back to AA.  I understand that hitting the snooze thing, and missing meetings.  I did that all week this week.  Of course, the past two days, I have had an excuse, with my back hurting and all that.  But, I feel so let down when I miss a meeting.  Like a part of me is not there for some reason. Have you gotten a sponsor yet?  Do you have phone numbers of women you can call between meetings?  That really helps me on those lonely nights when I am climbing the walls and can't get out to a live meeting.   You are working the program, One Day At a Time.  It is working, or you would not be sober.   Call me if you ever want to talk.   Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

PittsburghCutie
on 8/2/07 1:17 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
day 10, 11 meetings down.

Woot woooooot!!

alll is good here.

night.

Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
RHONDA FROM KY
on 8/2/07 10:05 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY