new srg date the 6th...question

Patricia Hagmaier
on 8/2/07 2:35 am - Wehonah, NJ

I am blown away.  I was so scared the doctors office was going to call right before my surgery and tell me they were pushing it back.  I have seen this happen to a lot of people, but this morning Dr. Williams nurse called, her first words word, I have to reschedule your surgery I almost started crying and they she said we are moving it up and then I was rejoicing, one less day I have to wait to be on the losers bench. i was reaching everyone else who is having it done of the 6th and I too am an emotional wreak.  I am irritable, getting mirgraines from stress and alergies are not helping, my mind wonders to this mostly. "Does this surgery have the ability to shorten my life span over all?"  I have never read anything about it one way or another. I really thought about it and had to realize it is not about how long you live but the quality of life you have.  For the last 5+ years I have had NO LIFE and have slowly pulled myself out of the human race.  I have become someone I don't like very much.  i am looking forward to having myself back, even though I know I will be different in a lot of ways.  My family is not used to me taking care of me.  This is the first time in my life I have felt enough love for myself through Gods eyes that I want to take care of me. 

I have a question for everyone.  Does anyone find that over spending and binge spending seem to go hand in hand with obesity.  I know in my family it has.  I have heard a couple of people mention it, so I am curious if others have this simiar problem.  So, it looks like I am sharing my new birthday with a lot of people so I am excited about that.

My angle has not contacted me in a long time, I don't know how to get a hold of her so I need a new one. Anyway 1 more day of regular diet before my life changes.  i have a 2 day bowel prep where I take a bunch of laxitives and can only have clear liquids for two days. i am blabbing now I am just so excited I can't put it into words. Love Trish   

PittsburghCutie
on 8/2/07 3:23 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Trish-

I can say that I have never over spent or binge spent prior to surgery or after surgery....I got bills to pay!

Good luck on monday....Being bumped up is exciting.

Good luck with your laxatives!

Liz
Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
RHONDA FROM KY
on 8/2/07 3:46 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

Hi Trish..  congratulations on having your surgery moved up..   try to relax.. but I remember.. easier said than done.  Just go with it.. and pretty soon you'll be on the losers side.. which is pretty awesome. The only time I spend too much is when I'm at a discount or consignment store.. so not sooo bad.  Really that is one "addiction" that has not bitten me..  *knock on wood* take care.. you'll be in thoughts and prayers!!! Hugsss, Rhonda

Patricia R.
on 8/2/07 1:14 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Trish, Overspending?  Would you call $60,000 in credit card debt too much?  That is what I managed to accumumlate in a few years after my divorce.  Shopping, drinking, bingeing, cutting, sex, all involve impulsivity.  One of my main areas that I have had to learn to work on in my life is impulse control.  The drinking was the first to work on.  I tried and failed with the food for most of my life.  The shopping almost ruined me.  The cutting is a daily temptation.  The sex could be fatal, because I have even had it unprotected.   One of the great things about my therapy and the program is learning alternative behaviors for these things.  It has almost become a challenge to find fun things I can do instead of self-destruct.   Congratulations on the surgery date moving up.  If you need a new angel, I would be glad to help out.  Just let me know.   Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views