Thank god, I have found my people!!!!

Martie_d
on 7/31/07 12:24 pm - Salem, OR
Hi, I'm pretty new to the board, have been cruisin' around for a few weeks and exploring rooms, primarily staying within my state and looking at the message boards. Tonight I have stumbled upon this room, (I'm totally sure I wasn't in charge as I would have been on the Avenue website, left to my own devices!!!) I'm in recovery and am now dealing with the results of emotional eating........another addiction...........another time...........and yes..........so is shopping. I have my meeting with the surgeon next month and am looking forward to surgery, but also have some fear around the pain medication. My last relapse 13 years ago was with pain meds and I have been talking about it with my friends in recovery and want to be up front...........no secrets.........but am a little apprehensive. I just wanted to mention it, say hi to all and thanks for being here. When I started reading, I knew I had found the place for me. Martha
PittsburghCutie
on 7/31/07 12:36 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
hi martha, welcome!

We're here for you!

Liz
Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
Loril
on 7/31/07 1:27 pm - Hopkins, MN
Hi Martha and welcome!  I can only share my experience with the pain medication after surgery (lap) but I had 3 days of Lor-tab and was told if it was too bad to call.  If I just wanted to sleep take Benedryl. That worked for me.  Good Luck on your journey!  Lori

Lori at Goal  

RNY October 2004

Patricia R.
on 7/31/07 2:33 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Martha, I understand your concerns.  I had my surgery 11 months ago, and have been sober in AA for close to 6 years now.  I made a lot of AA meetings prior to my surgery, and then afterward as well.  I used the pump while in the hospital and then only took the pain meds as needed, or used Tylenol first to take the edge off.  I was not on the pain med for long.   Be honest with your surgeon.  Be honest with your recovery friends.   I am glad you found us.  Share your recovery story with us when you get the chance. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Martie_d
on 8/1/07 1:31 am - Salem, OR
I appreciate the support and am glad to you are all here. It's nice to be able to talk with others who have been through both processes. The feedback around managing pain was great to hear and I am feeling a little better knowing that it's not intolerable. I am so very excited for the surgery and am glad to have others to share it with.  Martha
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views