day 6

PittsburghCutie
on 7/29/07 10:30 am - Pittsburgh, PA
i am absolutey miserable..... i ****** hate everything today.. i got up, went to church, went to the grocery store, made 8 dozen cookies of all kinds for Mike to take to work....and for my fat ass to eat. i did not go to a meeting today...... 6 days sober 5 meetings I'm depressed, miserable,and pissy. I have nothig constructive to say today. a glass of wine would be nice.....a nice merlot of some nature. ya i'm pretty ****** miserable. Oh yeah...no one informed me of the headaches and the shakes, and the nasty moodiness. i nearly just told you all to f off for nor reason.....Bah. I'm going to bed. oh yeah, thanks for all of the support you guys are giving me by messages, emails and calls. =) bye.
Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
RHONDA FROM KY
on 7/29/07 11:00 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Lizzie hun... it's not too late.. my clock says it's 8:57.. which is 3 hours left in this day.  If you go.. you will feel better.  If you do not go.. don't beat yourself up.. you stayed sober.. and you can go to a meeting tomorrow.  Your desire is to not drink and you did that today.  You were a SUCCESS!!  You may have done it the hard way... without friends and other AA(s) there to support you.  But you came here.. and you posted.. and you shared your feelings.  That's better than nothing...  actually THAT'S ALOT say your prayers... read your Big Book.  I would think by Day 6 you are probably thru Detox.. you should have contacted your doctor as going thru detox could be chancie with seizures... In inpatient rehab they give medication to avoid this.  Also.. did you contact your doctor to see about getting the prescription to curb alcohol cravings..  Please call and do this.. check on it hun.  It may make it easier.. and the thing needed to assure success!!   Your doctor will have heard it all... he will not think any less of you.. it's YOU that has to think of YOU.. and what's best. take care.. get a good nights sleep hun.. love YOU..
Patricia R.
on 7/29/07 1:28 pm, edited 7/29/07 1:28 pm - Perry, MI
Liz, Believe it or not, you are doing it.  If you have to do it kicking and screaming in the beginning, sobeit.   When I was in eating disorder treatment, they gave me a medication to help with cravings to binge that is actually used with addicts and alcoholics to help with cravings.  It is called Naltrexone.  I suggest you ask your doctor about that, or any other med that is used for people trying to quit drinking.  You are worth it.  The first few months are the hardest, and if you can get something to help you over the hump, it is worth a try. When I had an emotional relapse a few months ago, my sponsor suggested I talk to three women to ask them how they worked the first step.  It is worth it to learn how it went for other women.  She also had me write a drunkalogue.  It was interesting what I learned about myself, and I have been in AA for 18 years, sober almost 6 now.   When you get jammed up again, or can't make it to a meeting, write out your drinking history, the good, the bad and the ugly.  The what you drank and why you drank stuff as well.  It really opened my eyes to my drinking history, even though I thought I knew all of it already.  Hang in there. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 7/29/07 7:34 pm - East Burbs, MN
Keep on hang'n on LIzzie!  You can do it!!   ONE DAY AT A TIME!!

Dana      

Goldfish W.
on 7/31/07 3:34 am - Pinson, AL
If you haven't already you might want to consider seeing your doctor and getting something to help with the depression.  It might help the anger too.  It did help me with me anger.  Best of luck on your journey to a better life.

Goldfish
262/174/140
Surgery August 30, 2004

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

DarDar
on 7/31/07 6:20 am - exton, PA
I hate to add fule to the fire, but could it be your time of the month? Hang in there...it WILL get better! DarDar
339/197/124 (yeah...right)
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views