T-minus 7 days and counting!! ACK!!!

marieh
on 7/25/07 10:00 am - So. Easton, MA
OMG!! ONE week from today I'm on brink of  a new beginning!! I'm a little more nervous each day I get closer (to fine!?). I'm working on my addictions, but have shopped a bit and have a cake in the oven right now that I'll bring to work. Dr. Hess said I can still bake, I just can't EAT it. I guess my husband will have to be my taster?!  How did those of you who are post-op manage at first?  I will say I'm pattng myself on the back!! In the past few months my stress level has gone through the roof! My daughters wedding, my job being outsourced to India and NOT knowing when, having my performance review today (and coming out nicely) and waiting for August 1st to arrive!! The more stressed I get the more I used to bake. This is the first thing I've baked since my daughters wedding at the end of May!! I've really not gone overboard shopping, NO drinking, smoking OR over-eating. I'm proud of myself!!  I'm grateful for what I have, and for the pounds I'll lose in the coming weeks!!  I plan to start UMass in September to become an Addictions Counsellor, but depending on the job sitch, I'll play that one by ear!!   I am ESPECIALLY grateful that this forum is here with all of you in it!! THANK YOU!! Marie

Patricia R.
on 7/26/07 1:28 pm - Perry, MI
Marie, I am so happy for you.  You have been working so hard to keep your addiction in check and now the surgery is just days away.   Keep up the good work.  Remember, one day at a time. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views