Saying hello

SteveApril45
on 7/19/07 2:21 pm - frostburg, MD
Hi Everyone I've been lurking long enough.I have been hooked on Oxycodone for almost 2 years.When I don't have them I have no energy or strenth.I get 120 pills a month fromy Dr for back pain and most months they don't las 3 weeks,so I have buy some to get me to the next batch.I know it will be hard to give them up so what I am asking is,does anyone know how hard it will be when I do quit?I wish I never was giving the dam pills.Thank you all for your post they are all very interesting.I hope you all have a great night                    steve
Patricia R.
on 7/19/07 2:28 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Steve, I am not familiar with oxycodone withdrawal.  I encourage you to talk to your doctor about your addiction, and ask for help in weaning off of them, and also getting help in pain management or treatment for your back.  Don't be afraid to be honest with your doctor.  It is not uncommon for pain management patients to become addicted to their pain meds.  They are usually narcotics and narcotics are addictive.   Hang in there.  There is hope for beating this. Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

charli3267
on 7/19/07 4:20 pm - Mahaffey, PA
Hello Steve, I have had a couple of friends that were addicted to oxycontin (What you are on is generic percocet right? Well if its oxycontin that is like as addictive as heroin so that would most likely require a medicated withdrawal.  A good friend of mine was addicted to oxycodone and loratab and he is still on methadone all these years later.  I am sure it will be hard but I think you should talk to somebody and in the long run you will feel better about things.  Have you ever heard of epidurals for chronic back pain? I had one and it was wonderful to live without pain it was like having a new life and energy... I wish you luck !! Charli
RHONDA FROM KY
on 7/20/07 1:04 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

Hi Steve.. good seeing you altho I'm sorry it's under these condtions. I personally don't know about oxycodone.. but as Patricia recommended.. I encourage you to talk to your doctor about it.   Hope to hear back from you.. please keep us posted. hugs, Rhonda

SteveApril45
on 7/24/07 4:52 am - frostburg, MD
Hi Rhonda I am under pain managment and he is the one who gives me the pills.I have 3 epidurals and they help for a few days then I am in pain once again.I am not ready to tell my Dr about being addicted to the pills.So how have you been?Other than the pill problemm I am doing great with the weight loss.I am down to 234 lbs.I had gained 30 lbs over the winter and because of this back pain,but I am doing better now.AS always it is so nice to hear from you aND THANK YOU FOR CARING                         LUV    STEVE
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views