The Roof Caved In

Patricia R.
on 7/14/07 6:26 pm - Perry, MI

Well almost.  I woke up at 4:00 a.m. to go to the bathroom to discover that my toilet leaked all night, and caused my kitchen ceiling below it to fall apart.  My kitchen is a mess with broken ceiling all over it, and my dining room carpet is soaked.  I live in an apartment complex and have to call maintenance in the morning.  Since I was able to stop the toilet from leaking anymore, I figure why bother them at this hour. 

There was a time when this type of disaster would have given me a really good excuse to drink.  Thank God I have my program and my relationship with God to lean on.  I am going to get to my AA meeting in the morning, and then to my church service, in spite of this mess.  Maintenance will come and clean up the mess and make arrangements for my ceiling to be repaired.  If I need a new carpet, they will replace it.  It is not the end of the world. 

Right now, my nerves are rattled a bit, and I am having a mild anxiety attack.  Been there, done that before.  This too shall pass. 

Have a blessed Sunday.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

paula2
on 7/22/07 1:52 pm - baltimore, MD
Hosted By DLyourLIFE.comI am a recoverd alkie 14 yrs recovery go to a meeting and call your sponsor. so i know all to well about addictions . 
Patricia R.
on 7/22/07 1:57 pm - Perry, MI
I went to a meeting that very morning.  I have been to several meetings since it happened, and talked to my sponsor and several other women as well.   Thanks for the support. Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

paula2
on 7/22/07 1:53 pm - baltimore, MD
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety