Home

Patricia R.
on 6/29/07 2:15 pm - Perry, MI
I got home in one piece, and did not kill Mom, though I was tempted somewhere on the PA turnpike this afternoon.  She kept bringing up my past, when I was married, and it just kept hitting nerve after nerve.  I got upset with her and just wanted to scream. I hope to get to my meeting Saturday. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 6/30/07 8:54 pm - So. Easton, MA
Hey Trish! Glad you made it home ok!  My mom used to get on my last nerve too. Every chance she got. She did't know any other way. She can't change, so the best way to deal is to change YOUR reaction.....I dunno...it worked for me! Revisiting the anger is non-productive. Unfortunately, her bringing up your past is never going to help anyone heal. So it might not be a bad idea to instill the "not THIS subject" rule when you talk w/her. ?? 

Patricia R.
on 6/30/07 10:11 pm - Perry, MI
I have done just that many times with Mom, Marie.  I also told her that I am tired of her violating my boundaries.  What my ex and I did in raising our kids was none of her business.   I was PMSing to the max on the way home, plus I am struggling with some of my own emotions about seeing my granddaughter, and leaving my daughter and granddaughter.  I feel guilty that I could not stay to help my daughter more, because I MUST come home and work to get out of debt and pay my bills, because I shopped too much while coping with my divorce.   I just got home from chairing a 6:30 a.m. AA meeting.  It was good.  We read out of the Came to Believe book and share.  Two people had anniversaries, 1 year and 90 days.  I love when people celebrate anniversaries, because it gives me hope of staying sober one more day. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 7/1/07 6:06 am - So. Easton, MA
Those anniversaries sound WONDERFUL!! Thanks for the reminder! Being sober so long I forget how proud I was in myself for a day, a week, a month and then the progressive milestones!  Good for you that you chaired the meeting!! That must make you feel good, not to mention grounded! :) You ARE my inspiration here, girl!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views