Back on the right track

Patricia R.
on 6/17/07 3:21 am - Perry, MI
I have been getting back to my meetings and feel so much better for doing so.  On Friday, I went to an 11th step meeting.  The 11th step is about prayer and meditation.  I realized that I had not been praying and working that step at all during my crisis last week.  Instead, I reverted back to old ways of thinking and falling apart.   Today I went to a 6:30 a.m. meeting, and one of the topics was about finding our purpose in life, and making a contribution to society.  I was able to share about how I am useless if I don't take care of myself and my sobriety.   Hope everyone is having a safe, sober weekend. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 6/17/07 9:41 pm - So. Easton, MA
Trish that's wonderful!! ;)  I'm glad you're feeling back to yourself again!! Marie

Loril
on 6/18/07 12:39 am - Hopkins, MN
Great for you!  And congrats on the newest addition to your family, what is the doll's name?  She is a blessing!  Lori

Lori at Goal  

RNY October 2004

Patricia R.
on 6/18/07 12:48 am - Perry, MI
My beautiful granddaughter's name is Isabel Colleen. My daughter' name is Colleen. I think it is appropriate for this angel. Isabel means consecrated to God. Thanks, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

kkortsen
on 6/22/07 12:29 am - AZ
Good for you Trish!  Also, your grand daughter is a sweetie! Remember how blessed you are? Kent
Amber B.
on 6/25/07 1:46 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Good to hear it, Trish. I haven't been around a lot lately, but I do catch up every now and then to see how you guys are all doing. I'm very proud of you. 11th Step meetings are great. We have one here on Saturdays and we actually go 1/2 hour early and one of the men in the group run a 30 minute guided meditation and then we do the actual meeting for an hour, it rocks! Congrats on becoming a Gramma, that's great too! Just another reason to keep our heads above water.

~Amber
Fear is the darkroom where negatives are developed.

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views