Prison Commitment and Gratitude

Patricia R.
on 6/8/07 12:42 pm - Perry, MI
I just got home from a prison commitment.  I had the opportunity to take an AA meeting to women prisoners at my county prison.  I got so much gratitude from that meeting.  There were about 10 women.  Some were there for drug charges, some for DUI.  One young woman has two young kids, ages 2 and 4.  She had been in from November to February and just got out and was back in and will be in for the summer.  Her husband is also in prison.  Wow.   I am so grateful that I never got a DUI.  I never lost my children because of my drinking.  I never lost a job because of it either.  I also realized how important it is to protect my sobriety by going to meetings, so that I do not drink and end up where these women are. Have a great weekend.  Stay sober. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Bevciwh
on 6/9/07 12:46 am - Colorado Springs, CO
i agree! Those of us who had the illegal behavior but quit before we were caught are SOOO Blessed, lucky or whatever one wants to call it. I think about it often and my therapist wants me to think about it to help me not to relapse. Thanks for the reminder!

"Be the change you want to see in the world."-Ghandi

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views