Uncomfortable at a meeting today

Patricia R.
on 5/24/07 2:58 am - Perry, MI
I stayed home from work today to see my dentist because my teeth are all falling apart.  Since I am in pain and on pain meds now, I thought a noon meeting would be a good idea.  Well, the leader of the meeting is a gentleman that is disabled and I am not sure if he is mildly retarded, or what.  Somebody's cell phone rang in the meeting and the person answered the phone right there in the meeting.  Well, the leader of the meeting rudely told him to leave.  Then somebody in the meeting shared about learning in recovery to not say things meanly, and made it contextual to himself.  Then the leader of the meeting got defensive and jusitified what he did.  Then people said to discuss it after the meeting.   I became extremely uncomfortable with all the tension, and I just walked out of the meeting.  Between the pain, and now the pain meds, and my own goofiness to begin with, I just had to get away from all that tension.   Just needed to share. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

DarDar
on 5/24/07 5:45 am - exton, PA

Oh Trish, I know how you must have felt. I once went to a meeting and a man was speaking about his recovery, and another woman interrupted him and said that we should dismiss everything he said and concentrate on the new comer. Well, the new comer felt so uncomfortable with that comment that they left. Good thing there are more meetings.  Not every meeting is a good one...go to another one tonight. DarDar

339/197/124 (yeah...right)
Patricia R.
on 5/24/07 6:04 am - Perry, MI
I will definitely try to get to another meeting tonight.  The thing is, this noon meeting is usually a good one to attend.  The one I hope to make tonight is a good one that should be free of uncomfortable stuff like occurred earlier. I must admit that the pain meds are probably contributing to my goofiness today.   Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Curious G.
on 5/27/07 12:26 am - Peachtree City, GA
I've been to meetings like that and I hate that kind of stuff. That said, my sponsor told me to try and look at it as my higher power letting me see that we *all* have character defects, and we all need to work on them.  While the experience at the meeting might suck, the lesson overall of patience and tolerance remains.  Some are sicker than others.  Boy is that true :) Hope you got what you needed at the next meeting. love, Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Patricia R.
on 5/27/07 10:01 am - Perry, MI
I know what you mean, Michelle.  Normally, I can live and let live.  I work in a psychiatric hospital weekends, so I see a lot of strange behavior on a good day.  For some reason, Thursday, I was not in a good place and could not handle it.  It was me that had the problem, and I really needed to get out of there that day. Hugs, Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 789 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 997 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1707 views