I'm getting a bit nuts here,,,,and want your opinions!

marieh
on 5/19/07 10:42 am - So. Easton, MA
I am still pre-op as my insurance company hasn't approved me yet. I am feeling desperate now and am wondering if I should do another weigh****chers attempt until I hear. I don't expect to lose a lot as I never do, but could use the accountability. I have a bad habit of taking on too much and overloading myself big time.  My daughter's wedding is 8 days away, I'm waiting for approval, right after wls I get my mouth operated on, waiting to hear about a new job in the bank I've applied for, waiting for gas prices to go down....and I'm not sure if mo pressures like yet another attempt at a diet will do me IN. As you can tell, I never learned how to relax. No wonder I'm so damn tired! Marie

Patricia R.
on 5/19/07 10:28 pm - Perry, MI
It is time for you to take some deep breaths and relax.  Slow, deep, diaphramatic breathing is so important in me learning to relax.  My therapist taught me how to do this.   I would urge you to pick up your meeting attendance, if at all humanly possible.  Also, start taking a good, brisk 20 minute walk, if you can.  The exercise will benefit both the weight and your mental health.   With the eating, I would urge you to just avoid the unhealthy foods, or nibbling.  Make good choices for yourself and start doing what you will have to do post-op now.  For two months before my surgery, I was eating healthy all day long, except for an ice cream sundae or some other form of chocolate.  I was also exercising as much as I could.  I managed to lose 9 pounds in three months from my consult to my surgery date.   Hang in there.  Call me if you need to talk. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 5/19/07 10:54 pm - So. Easton, MA
Thanks Trish!   I was reluctant to spend the money each week to be depressed again.  The last time I did WW I lost a pound and a half in 18 weeks. Needless to say it didn't do much for my well being. At that point I gave up and let my PC talk me into surgery. I'd been so against it for some time. Kinda like that moment when you hit bottom and you realize you need to stop.  I thnk you're right about the meetings too.  Thanks for the reminder! Marie

Patricia R.
on 5/20/07 3:43 pm - Perry, MI
I understand.  Your stress level is at its peak right now.  Let Go and Let God.  Handle what you can handle and let Him have the rest.  You know after surgery you won't be able to eat sugar or high fat foods, so just start eliminating them as much as possible.  Attend an Overeaters Anonymous meeting if you need that kind of 12 step support.  Work the steps on the food.  You are powerless over the food, and life is definitely unmanageable.  Turn it over to your Higher Power.   By doing that as much as possible, and working out at the gym and walking, I was able to not gain during my pre-op months.  It also kept me sane.  The bingeing and sugar highs were making me crazy when I did let loose, but they were fewer and farther between. Use the tools of recovery and keep it simple.   Hang in there.   Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 789 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 997 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1707 views