I am STILL waiting for my file to get to Cigna!

marieh
on 5/17/07 11:17 am - So. Easton, MA
I got a call yesterday from Cigna telling me they don't have my file yet with the two extra faxed letters. I called my doc's office THREE times this week, NEVER getting a call back from her telling me whether she faxed it nor not. NOW, the insurance company case manager is off until Monday. IF it's there for Monday, it'll take all week to look at AGAIN...so far, this unsupportive support staff has cost me SIX WEEKS....she's booking Dr. Hess' surgeries at last notice a month ago...in AUGUST. So by the time I get approved and booked for surgery, it's gotta be late fall IF I'M LUCKY. No one else in my local WLS group is having this much trouble getting approved. I'm ready to take this complaint to the next level. AND I'm finding it hard to feel that there's a reason for this. I know I'm impatient, and while I might be powerless against alcohol, I plan on giving this b*tch an earfull tomorrow!  I'll call the insurance company first...and depending on what they tell me, I'll be loading the howitzer and aiming for her ass.  Marie (and I hope this damn ticker works)

Patricia R.
on 5/18/07 11:49 am - Perry, MI
Marie, I am so sorry you are having these difficulties.  I was tremendously blessed in that it was exactly three months from my consult to my surgery.   I can only encourage you to trust God for this process.  Take it one day at a time and use that 3rd step prayer if you need to.  It will all happen in HIS time, not ours.  We must just do our best each day to work our personal programs and be the best person we can be. Easier said than done, but we have to do it that way sometimes.   Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 5/19/07 4:26 am - So. Easton, MA
Hey Trish, A friend in NA got me the 12 Steps and 12 Traditions book. I've been reading it again every night before I fall asleep. I'm not the patient type...most addicts aren't! LOL..I am trying to be more accepting of the process and more patient but I'm not sure I'm doing so hot! :) Did you get my email about when I'll be in your neck of the woods?  (or at least your state! LOL...I'm not sure how close you are to philadelphia, but if we can connect that woujld be so awesome!!) Marie

Patricia R.
on 5/19/07 8:29 am - Perry, MI
I think I got your e-mail about it, but have been so busy, I can't remember the details.  I work in Philadelphia, and I live about 30/45 minutes from Center City, depending on the time of day.  Where will you be in Philly?  What dates?  I would love to meet you and maybe go for coffee or something. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 5/19/07 9:58 am - So. Easton, MA
Hey Trish! I sent your private email the details! Hope we can connect!! Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 789 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 997 views