old drug addiction

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/07 9:23 am - corbin, KY
i have a question...is anyone else on here a former addict that used drugs to lose weight and know that they have had lapband they dont feel the need to go back to that kind of living but it still scares you to even think of it?
Marina D
on 5/18/07 5:48 am - Somewhere, VA
Hi t1gadlage, I'm not sure I was ever addicted, but upon graduating H.S. in '79, I moved from Virginia to Ft.Worth, Texas. I took a job as a laborer at a machine parts warehouse. I started buying and using street amphetemines (speed, yellow jackets, christmas trees, ...). I didn't use them to loose weight, I was already thin as a rail, but to give me energy to boost my productivity at work (that what they based your performance on).  It was pretty rough, and found myself in some pretty sticky situations. I think that a higher power was watching over me - due to a few of the people I dealt with. 18 years old and 3500 miles from home, no money, no food, and lots of poor friends. But when I had had enough, I quit that life, enrolled in Tarrant County Junior College, and set fourth to getting my act together. My parents wouldn't let me come home in the condition I was in, so it was up to me to fix it. I'm just a work in progress, maybe by the time I shut my eyes, I'll be all fixed up (LOL). Have a great weekend! Stay focused, positive and upbeat! Love & Huggies Galore, Marina
I am who I am....  -God
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 789 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 997 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1707 views