Back to meetings

Patricia R.
on 5/15/07 8:59 am - Perry, MI
I missed meetings for three days and started getting squirrelly.  So, I scraped myself out of bed this morning and went to my 6 a.m. meeting.  The topic was Know God, Know Peace/No God, No Peace and resentments.   I had the chance to think about how much I used to resent people in my life, and how the more I develop an attitude of gratitude, the less resentful I am. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Curious G.
on 5/15/07 7:29 pm - Peachtree City, GA
I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and back out there getting that spiritual medicine! One of my favorite lines in the BB is the one about  that goes something like, "The grouch in the mindstorm may be a luxury for normal men, but it is death for the alcoholic"  I like to pair that one with another line frequently delivered by one of my group's old timers, "To avoid resentments, I carry around a broom and a ladder: I use the broom to keep my side of the street clean and the ladder to get the f*** over myself." And finally, since it's fresh in my mind from today's readings and prayers - One of my morning meditation rituals is the Sant Francis prayer: Lord, make me an instrument of your peace Where there is hatred... let me sow love Where there is injury... pardon Where there is doubt... faith Where there is despair... hope Where there is darkness... light Where there is sadness... joy Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled... as to console To be understood... as to understand. To be loved... as to love For it is in giving... that we receive,  It is in pardoning, that we are pardoned, It is in dying... that we are born to eternal life Just thought I'd share :) love, Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 789 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 997 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1707 views