Sick and couldn't make a meeting today.

Patricia R.
on 5/10/07 12:47 pm - Perry, MI
I got up on time for work today, but spent half an hour in the bathroom with, what appears to be the stomach flu.  I called in sick and went to the doctor.  In addition to wanting a lab test done on my stools, he also found fluid in my ear, and I have a sinus infection.  I spent the rest of the day getting prescriptions filled, going to the lab and buying food for the BRAT diet.  (Bananas, rice, applesauce and toast.)  I now have terrible cramping and gas, and feel just lousy.  I told work I would be in Friday, but now I am not so sure.   Bottom line:  I did not make a meeting today and I hate it.  I feel like I failed my sponsor and myself.  I set the bar high, and have to achieve the goal.  Now, I am tempted to beat myself up for not getting to the meeting. I did call my sponsor and leave a message on her voicemail about what is going on.   Hopefully, I will feel better Friday and make a meeting. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 5/11/07 4:08 am - So. Easton, MA
I hope you feel better, Trish!!  Marie

DarDar
on 5/11/07 5:32 am - exton, PA

First let me say...KNOCK IT OFF. No need to beat yourself up over something you didn’t cause. You are not all that powerful, that you can make yourself get the flu. Next, let me say. You can hit an extra meeting over the weekend. I, myself, didn’t make it to a meeting yesterday...so today I’m going to one @ 5:30 and then @ 8:30. Do what you need to take care of yourself IE diet and meds, talk to someone in AA...then go to bed and rest!

I hope you feel better soon.

DarDar

339/197/124 (yeah...right)
Patricia R.
on 5/11/07 6:49 am - Perry, MI
Thanks, DarDar.  I tend to think in all or nothingness.  I am either going to be perfect, or a total failure.  I was able to get to a meeting this morning and plan to attend one tonight. Thanks for the kick in the seat.  I need it. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 789 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 997 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1707 views