5 meetings in 6 days

Patricia R.
on 5/8/07 11:42 am - Perry, MI
Well, I am keeping track of my meeting attendance at AA this past week.  I have been to a meeting 5 out of the past 6 days.  When my sponsor told me I should do a 90 meetings in 90 days, I thought of all the excuses I could, but didn't tell her any of them.   I went to a 6 a.m. meeting twice, a 6:30 a.m.  meeting on Sunday morning, my morning to sleep in, and a meeting this evening.  I am not feeling well right now, as my ulcer is flaring up big time.  I just had to share that I feel so much better than I did a week ago.  It is amazing how my thinking could get so screwed up when left to my own devices.  It is even more amazing that attendance at these meetings has changed my perspective so radically in just a week. How are you all doing on your recovery programs?  Share with me your joys and struggles. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 5/8/07 12:12 pm - So. Easton, MA
That's awesome Trish!  I've never done that before! The closer I get to this wedding the more I bet I feel I need!  :)  I went tonight to a wonderful women's meeting and loved it!! I hope to make Tuesdays my regular meeting until I need to change it IF I get the other job.... Marie P.s...have I mentioned how proud I am of you!!??

Patricia R.
on 5/8/07 11:47 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks, Marie,. I need to hear that someone is proud of me these days. I beat myself up so much I forget that sometimes I do things right. Congrats on finding a good women's meeting. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 5/8/07 7:04 pm - East Burbs, MN
Hey Trish~ So glad you are feeling better.  I too need to get thyself to a meeting.  I am still sober, however had a very trying week last week.  I prayed extra hard at church on Sunday and do feel a sense of renewal.  Still need to get to a meeting or 2 to help solidify.  Hugs...

Dana      

Patricia R.
on 5/8/07 11:48 pm - Perry, MI
Prayer does change things. I think sometimes it is just the fact that I am sitting still for a while and getting in touch with God. Hang in there. Hugs, Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 789 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 997 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1707 views