3 out of 4

Patricia R.
on 5/6/07 4:09 am - Perry, MI
Hi there, I have been taking my sponsor's advice and have been to a meeting three out of the past four days.  I was going to try to get to one last night, after my trip home from Delaware, but just did not feel well enough.   In the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous it mentions being willing to go to any length to get sobriety.  I am at that point.  On Friday, I went to an AA meeting at 6:00 a.m.  This morning, I went at 6:30 a.m.  Understand, today is a day I normally get to sleep in.  Problem is that the Internet guy was scheduled to come here this afternoon, and I really don't like to go to evening meetings on the night before going to work.  That left before Church for me. Last night, my sponsor suggested I do some step work.  Silly me, I ask where she thinks I should begin.  She says "Step One."  DUH!!!!! I have to really be dull here now don't I?  She suggested I talk to three women to find out about their first steps, and write a drunkalogue.  So, at the meeting this morning, since it was my first time at that meeting, they asked if I wanted a phone list of women.  I said, "Yes."  Then, after the meeting, a woman went out of her way to introduce herself to me.  I told her I would be calling her to ask her about her first step.   I feel like a newcomer.  I have been in AA since 1989, and sober this time since 2001.  But, my emotional crash and burn last week was as bad as a drinking relapse on my psyche.  I thank God I have a sponsor who can help me get my head out of my butt and work the program.  The program of AA is not just about not drinking.  The 12 Steps are about living life sanely, and being sober, not just dry off alcohol.  Sober means soundness of mind.  I have not had that in a very long time. Just had to share where I am at today.  Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 5/6/07 6:41 am - So. Easton, MA
I admire you so much, Trish! I KNOW I need to find a meeting again. This weekend was the clincher for me. Your post hit home, too. I'm having trouble again. This time, not with drinking as that isn't even a possibility or a problem lately, but with shopping, not baking and not eating badly. Time for me to search the web for a local meeting. Thanks for the reminder that without meetings we're one bad decision away from the worst decision of our lives.  Hugs, Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views