Still Sober

Patricia R.
on 5/2/07 12:27 pm - Perry, MI
Hi there, I have been out of control and almost bought alcohol tonight.  Last night I flew out of control big time.  Sex addiction and cutting were my choices.  I spoke with my therapist tonight on the phone and he strongly urged me to get to an AA meeting, as I had not been to one in ages.  He also reminded me of my need to self-soothe to prevent acting out.   Right after he called me, my AA sponsor returned my call from last night.  She suggested I commit to a 90 in 90.  I have not done that in ages.  I am going to try to do just that.  Wish me luck. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

AdornA
on 5/2/07 4:38 pm - Mauritius
Wish you best of luck Patricia!
Gail K.
on 5/3/07 4:16 am - Parkton, MD
Sorry you are going through this. I think your sponsor gave you a great suggestion. Self soothing is something that I have to do more of...like taking a walk, getting a pedicure, being quiet and trying to listen to my HP. I have stopped going to my Alanon meetings and I am starting to feel the results of not being in those rooms. Your friend in recovery... Gail
marieh
on 5/4/07 11:49 am - So. Easton, MA
Good luck!!! :)  I never did one of those, but can think of several different times when I SHOULD have! More power to YOU!!! :D  I'm proud of you! Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views