Hello my friends ~

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 4/27/07 8:33 pm - East Burbs, MN
I come to you this morning celebrating my 120 days of sobriety.  It hasnt been the most easy time, but I thank many of you for your encouragement and support.  Most of all I thank the good Lord for giving me faith and strength to overcome some big obstacles.  HE has truly gotten me through this.   Do I feel like I will win..?  Most days...  Still have that wondering thought every now and then.  Just start praying for strength.. I have a ladies weekend coming up and I am torn weather to go.  I LOVE these gals and they come from all parts of the states (Boston, Hartford, Omaha) I REALLY want to see them, but I am scared as in the past, the whole weekend was planned around drinking.  I will most likely go, but just not for the length of time.  Gonna do lots of praying about this one.. Married life is going great and I couldnt love my hubby more.  Our newly turn 18 year old daughter who graduates HS in a month is great, for the most part.  The other part we want to ring her nick... LOL...KIDDING...!! Well.. Thats whats going on in my world.  I wish one and all a wonderful day and a beautiful weekend.. Take care!!  WE are WORTH IT..!!

Dana      

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 4/27/07 8:35 pm - East Burbs, MN
I forgot...  I treated myself to a funky new hair style yesterday and changed my pic..  I am clueless on our photo software, so I have NO idea how to clear that up..  More excited that I was able to figure out how to change my pic.. LOL...!

Dana      

SFCynthia
on 4/28/07 12:23 am - San Francisco, CA
120 days is BIG!   Keep up the good work.  It took a long time for me to stop relapseing, but once I got it...I got it.  I now feel secure and happy about my sobriety, and I protect it.  I'm not going to let it leave me . It was very hard to be in social situations that first year.  I would almost recommend that you not go.  The addict voice in your head is still speaking pretty loud to you.  Not to hard to give in and listen.  It's already talking to you with antisapation of the get-together.  I think you need to decide what is more important in your life right now.  Being with the "girls" or your sobriety?  And if these women really were great friends...they would not drink to support you in your sobriety.   If part of the main focus is to drink and get ripped together....then you pretty much know you want to go and drink with everyone.  Are there any others there who don't drink?  You could hook up together, but if everyone drinks...and you don't that would be way to much pressure. I can be in social situations that have alcohol involed now.  Like weddings, new years eve, and family holidays...but it took a long long time to get to this place.  That first year the addict voice was loud and clear.  I snuck and drank.  I was dishonest to those around me.  I finally stopped doing things like that.  I can still remember the first wedding I went to where I did not drink.  And while I was proud of myself for not giving in...I was hyper aware of the drinking and how much people were or were not drinking.  I was glad I was not making a fool of myself, but it was not super fun either.  I felt lonely and bored, and finally left. Now I can go to social events that have alcohol, and HAVE A BLAST!!!!  I can have fun without alcohol!  I have great conversations, and can laugh and joke.  I am comfortable and free in my own skin.  The battle in my brain is gone, gone, gone.  There is no choice.  I can't and don't.  I have lots of fun and fruity kinds of drinks!!!  And I look great! I hope you will think about this.  Protect the sobriety most of all.  It is the most important thing you do right now.  There will always be more parties, and get togethers.  Think about how great it is to wake up in the morning and feel no regrets and no hangover!!! 
Patricia R.
on 4/28/07 10:14 am - Perry, MI
I love the new pic.  You look so young and beautiful.  Congratulations on your sobriety.  :clap:  That is awesome.  Each month is a benchmark the first year.  Keep up the good work.   I would move cautiously forward about your weekend get-away with the girls.  I could not handle a lot of drinking scenarios during my first year of sobriety.   Be good to yourself.  Your sobriety is precious and needs to be protected, like a little baby who can't take care of itself.   Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lauretta
on 4/29/07 4:11 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Congrats! You look great too. take care it is good to see you. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views