I am so aggravated!!! Help!!

marieh
on 4/26/07 9:22 pm - So. Easton, MA
I call my Ins. co. Wednesday to find they don't have my file. I'm NOT in the approval process at all!  I call my surgeons office yesterday to find out about my missing file, and  the Scheduling Mgr. tells me she hasn't sent it yet. She took three days off and hasn't been able to get a vacation in three years... (sounds like the excuse I heard LAST year)!  I now find out that she has two other patient files to FAX over and she's booking his surgeries for AUGUST now. What happened to the entire  week BEFORE you went on vacation and the three days for THIS week? You have two others in your office...I suppose they don't  have the skills to send a fax or make a copy of a patient file?? Now her 8 day stint puts me back an entire month! It takes three weeks for Cigna to do their approval dance, before she can book my surgery.  So I figure IF she gets off her duff and faxes the info NOW, they take the month of May to shuffle it, then as long as I'm approved, she books my date. At this rate, Im looking at early Fall.  Not at all what I'd hoped for. She had the NERVE to tell me "well its' not like it's a rush!".... I just might have to hurt her once I'm done with recovery....IF I EVER GET THERE!  And I'm not supposed to bake??  It's a good thing my cash is depleted this weekend!! Marie

Patricia R.
on 4/27/07 7:01 am - Perry, MI
Hi Marie, Boy, do I hear you and understand your frustration.  It is so aggravating to be at the mercy of people who just do not get it.  I empathize in that I have had doctor's offices give me the royal run-around a lot in the past.  I am so grateful that I didn't have similar problems with my surgery hospital last year.   Take a deep breath and just trust God in all of this.  What ever is supposed to happen is going to happen in His time.  That is how I managed to get through all the hoops I had to jump through last year.  Things did not go as I had hoped and I ended up having my surgery right before the school year, and I am a teacher.  I had to start my school year off late.   In the meantime, work your program of recovery.  Do your best to follow a healthy diet and exercise program.  Take walks and do deep breathing exercises.  Come here and vent a way as much as you need to.  E-mail me privately if you need to talk. [email protected] Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 4/27/07 8:31 am - So. Easton, MA
Thanks Trish!! I saw my PCP today and he understands, but can't do much for me. I get that...I know hte more I **** her off, the faster I go to the bottom of the pile. I figure I'll try Monday and again on Wednesday to call the ins. co. to find out if they received my info yet. If not, by Friday I'll be out for blood.  On a brighter note, I was called by the in-house recruiter about the job that hangs in the balance with this. I actually might have a better shot at getting it with a later date....but with my experience it shouldn't matter. Either way, now I'm on pins n needles for THIS until late Monday!!...You're right. Things happen for a reason and I know G-d has His design for me. If I can stay sober I know I can find the way to handle this too! Thanks, Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views