had an ok week?

marieh
on 4/21/07 10:55 am - So. Easton, MA
I shopped a bit today...I needed bras and got 2 from Lady Grace where I was fitted for the proper size, style and fit. Cost $100...did lunch, then bought shoes (replaced two pr. I threw out with two more) and a tablecloth. I'm feeling ok with it. NOT stressed about it. I didn't use my charges at all!! That was the best part for me! Everything with the exception of the table linen was a necessity.  I hate the struggle, but I know that too, is a necessity.  Hope everyone's had a great week!! Marie

Patricia R.
on 4/21/07 2:48 pm - Perry, MI

I totally relate to shopping and needing to feel comfortable with it.  I went shopping when my daughter was in town and bought new bras, panties and socks at an outlet for Playtex, Hanes, and Bali, and only spent $45.  That was for two bras, six panties and six pairs of socks.  I also bought some Birkenstock sandals at the QVC outlet for $55, which normally go for $80 or more.  I only buy Birkenstocks for my feet, because I have had three foot surgeries, and am most comfortable in them.  Plus, they last for years.  I have several pair that I got 5-6 years ago.  The best bargain was two outfits for my future granddaughter, that I bought for $5.58 for both on sale at an outlet store for kids.  My mother taught me very early on to never pay full price for anything.   Enjoy your new stuff. Hugs, Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 4/21/07 10:02 pm - So. Easton, MA
Hey Trish!   :)  Funny thing is I HATE going to malls. I used to love it...but for the last 20 yrs or so I just can't stand the people in my way, there's too much to look at and the fight over parking spots can be brutal!  My mother lived in Filene's Basement store! (a Boston landmark) . I love the place, but growing up thought "Irregular" was a brand name because all of my stuff was stamped with it!! My mom was also nasty, so for me, I think I buy at a mall (even though I love to snag a sale!!) just to prove to myself that I AM worth it.  Of course, I got home and thought..."who do you think you ARE spending $97.02 on only TWO bras??"  But they're staying, dammit!  I have a tough time with that, and thank G-d I'm in therapy....I had a diabetes meltdown on Friday and am lucky I did'n't go on an all out spending spree!   Thanks for your post! I WILL enjoy it!! Marie

Patricia R.
on 4/21/07 10:19 pm - Perry, MI
I hate malls too.  Maybe it is because my first job was at Woolworth's at the mall here.  One of my addictions is craft stores, especially the yarn department.  I just love it.  I have two craft stores right next to each other, and another in a shopping area right nearby.  One time my daughter was in town, and I was being good, staying with her instead of going to the yarn department, because she is a scrapbooker.  She said, "Mom, you don't have to stay with me."  I went to the yarn and came back with 8-9 skeins of it.  LOL.  I still haven't made that blanket, and that was 5-6 years ago.  I have made tons of other blankets, just not that one.   Hang in there.  Recovery is a one day at a time thing for me. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views