Addiction Transfer on GMA today

marieh
on 4/12/07 10:44 am - So. Easton, MA
Not sure if anyone else was able to catch this segment, but  a woman in California who lost 200 so far has transferred food to shopping. She stated that no one ever even talked to her about this pre or post op, and she feels like many of us here do...that more of this info needs to get out to prospective WLS patients.  I found it to be a very well done piece and helped me know that my weekly sessions talking about why I overeat, overspend, and how food makes me feel are not time wasted by any means!  Marie oh....tomorrow is my LAST appointment before approval!!!  :D 

orionsky444
on 4/16/07 4:20 pm - Lake Mary, FL
Hey there! I was one of the ladies who called into the show. I was Kimberly from Orlando who talked about not only having the same story as Marcy with shopping but also having a prescription pill addiction. At least I know I am not alone even though I thought I was just a bad person now I realize where my issues are coming from. Good luck with your journey, Kimberly in Orlando
redneckgirl180
on 4/17/07 2:09 am
I completely relate to addiction transfer, I'm addicted to alcohol, smoking, and pain medication, I'm going to see a psychiatrist to get on some medication, because I definitely have emotional issues/psychological problems.  If anyone would ever like to talk please e-mail me at [email protected], oh, and my name is Kelsie, I had gastric bypass in 10/05, lost 140 pounds, almost died afterwards, and almost had to have it reversed....
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views