That buzz feeling

Patricia R.
on 4/2/07 1:25 pm - Perry, MI
Hi everyone, I am so frustrated right now.  I have been experiencing light headedness and dizziness for a few weeks now, off and on.  My doc thought it was fluid in my ears and prescribed prednisone for a few days.  It came back immediately after I stopped taking the prednisone.  I had to have a CT scan of my brain today, to rule out neurological stuff.  I didn't get the results yet.  I have been back on the steroid, but have had that buzz feeling for days now.  My thinking is not clear, I don't feel safe driving.  It is that feeling you get after one or two drinks, but not drunk.  Needless to say, I do not trust my own judgment.   I just needed to vent.  It scares me, because I have spent the last five and a half years avoiding feeling this way on purpose.   Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 4/2/07 6:57 pm - East Burbs, MN
Hugs to you ~ I wish you all the best in finding the answers you need!  You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Dana      

NeedHelp
on 4/2/07 11:46 pm - Rockford, IL
Trish, are you taking any new meds that could be causing the dizziness?  Also, you are under tremendous stress right now with the baby shower and all those implications. Stress can do wierd things to our body.  Could it possibly be a stress reaction to everything?  Just a thought. Kim M.
Deidre Manning
on 4/4/07 2:09 am - Greenville, SC

You are in my prayers...Please keep us posted on your condition!! I commend each of you for your efforts in soberiety, I have been a lurker for a few weeks and my husband is an addict.  I just found out that is addiction is getting progressively worse...He is getting close (we hope) to a surgery date and I will soon follow.   Please pray for us as well...  

Patricia R.
on 4/4/07 2:53 am - Perry, MI
Has your husband ever considered treatment for his addiction?  I will pray for you and he as there is hope for recovery from addiction. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Deidre Manning
on 4/4/07 3:12 am - Greenville, SC

He has tried it all...he was incarcerated for almost three years prior to our marriage as a result of his addiction escalating...was clean there, but as soon as he got home was using.  Of course I have heard all the excuses...and the using is getting more frequent...used to be 3 or 6 months between, then once a month and just finding that it was multiple times in March... Thanks for your prayers...we need them!

Patricia R.
on 4/4/07 3:17 am - Perry, MI
I would encourage you to attend Al-Anon or Nar-Anon to help you cope with the fallout of his addiction.  The people there totally understand what you are dealing with.  I am wondering how he got the psych evaluation to clear him for surgery with his addiction, unless he lied to the doctor doing the eval.  An active addict is not a really good candidate for this surgery. 
Albert Schweitzer

Deidre Manning
on 4/4/07 3:27 am - Greenville, SC
I am sure he did...he "knows how to get around those people"...I have told him that this is going to be destructive.  He claims that his surgery will be the fix all (I know better than that...), because he can't work due to physical and health problems that are weight related...He is going to college at the moment part-time and that has been hard lately because he is so focused on surgery.   Thanks for listening, I don't do very well in groups and I already feel better...
Patricia R.
on 4/4/07 3:32 am - Perry, MI
If you would like to correspond privately, feel free to e-mail me.  [email protected] It is good to "talk" to people who understand.  Hugs, Trish
Albert Schweitzer

SFCynthia
on 4/5/07 1:22 am - San Francisco, CA
Hi Patricia, I'm a person of recovery.  And I don't know your whole story, but what has your blood pressure been like?  And I'm sure you have tried everything, but I still need to ask.  Are you drinking enough water?  And making sure you are getting in enough protien? I have two very special dates of recovery.  March 3rd, 2004 is the day I woke up and looked at a beautiful blue sky, and I felt a strenth come into me that I had never felt before.  And I was ready to fight for my sobriety.  I had relasped many many times prior to that day.  And I did relaspe a few more time after March 3rd.  Then after making it 10 months I had a major 9 day bender of sorts.  And now my actual sobriety date is July 23, 2005.  That date has stuck.  Now I am completly happy and at peace with my being clean and sober.  In fact I love it!  No more internal battles.  There is no more choice. I am so glad to have found this area.  (I have been a member of OH since before my surgery date 10/22/01.)  But I have not been here much.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views