Craziness

Patricia R.
on 3/31/07 1:50 am - Perry, MI
I am trying to get my place in order, and get organized.  My mom is coming to town and my daughter's baby shower is tomorrow.  My place is a mess.  I am feeling so overwhelmed and panicked.  I just need to post that I am feeling insane and hoping I can get it together before my mom and daughter get to town. I am also feeling a little out of sorts.  My daughter is staying at her father's house, as his is bigger and cleaner.  I feel left out a bit, but am trying to focus on the good, like she is coming home and I am going to get to see her for the first time in six months.   I am still nervous about meeting her stepmother at the shower.   Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Sarah R.
on 3/31/07 4:32 am - Garner, NC
Hi Trish, I haven't replied to anyone in a long time (lurking mostly) and haven't even been on the board for about three years (coming up on my 4 year RNY anniversary in a couple of days), but your words spoke to me. I don't know your situation exactly, but I know this.... Your daughter doesn't care if your place is disorganized and it doesn't matter what your mom thinks..... Constant small steps will make a big difference in your household organization.  Never leave a room without taking something that needs to go somewhere else.... Your daughter's stepmother is twice as nervous about meeting you.... your daughter lived inside you for 9 months.  Stepmother will never have that connection.  You've got the trump card. Hope you get this before the big event.  Good luck to you. Sarah
NeedHelp
on 3/31/07 5:53 am - Rockford, IL
Remember Trish, you are her MOTHER!  No one can ever take that title. Try to enjoy this wonderful shower as you become GRANDMOTHER!  No one cares how your house looks. That is the last thing on everyones mind. HUGS Kim M.
marieh
on 4/1/07 8:29 am - So. Easton, MA
Hey Trish!   I'm sure when you read this the shower will be done and you and your daughter will be relaxing with a smile. Let me know how it went.  The ladies here are right...the step-mother can NEVER be anything but the alternate. YOU carried her...YOU come first!  Hugs, Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views