I'm Going to Rehab

cincinnati_red
on 3/11/07 12:53 pm - Central Coast, CA
Thanks to all.  I am looking forward to going, in a way, but worried about leaving my kids.  My husband is struggling with the anger and disappointment towards me (and worry about trying to handle everything on his own for the 28-day regimen, AND his worry for how to explain things to the kids).  I can't blame him a bit, and I am sorry and ashamed that I've brought my beautiful family and wonderful marriage to this pass.  But, I know in my heart that I've got to do it.  I am afraid that I will die, or hurt my family even more, if I continue down this path.  I can't do it alone, and I don't think AA is enough for me right now.  (Although I plan to continue as follow-up after I get out.) I hope my kids don't feel too much fear or resentment that I will not be here for them for awhile.  They are only 8 and 10 - they're not babies, so they'll know I'm gone and will be worried, but they're not teenagers, either, that might be expected to have some kind of understanding.  It is breaking my heart.  But I know that if I don't go, I will never be the kind of mom they need me to be.  It's hard, because I didn't even DRINK 2-3 years ago.  I was rather proud of it, in fact.  My head is still spinning, but the WLS has changed so much about my life.  This (alcoholism) is the BIGGEST thing that's changed about me, I think.  I was a model surgery/recovery patient, but the alcohol thing really caught me, fast and hard.  Please keep me and my family in your prayers. Love, - Lisa
mystical_one
on 4/8/07 4:48 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
Good for you, you are taking the first step towards recovery. Remember it is going to be a slow process, but we wil be here for you.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views