I'm Going to Rehab

cincinnati_red
on 3/7/07 8:00 am - Central Coast, CA
Hi, Everyone - just wanted to post an update and thank all the people for the caring and good advice.  After a meltdown this week (with my husband out of town, no less), I wound up in the hospital for severe alcohol intoxication.  Friends had to pick up my kids from daycamp when I didn't show up.  It was the wake-up call that we all needed. I am enrolling in a 28-day residential facility about 2 hours south of here.  It will be hard on all of us - especially on my kids, we've never been apart before, and I was a stay-at-home Mom, no less - but we can't live in denial about my addiction anymore.  Hopefully this will kick-start me onto the Recovery Road. Please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers. - Lisa
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 3/7/07 6:06 pm - East Burbs, MN
Hey Lisa ~ You are all in my thoughts and prayers..  I wish you all the best..

Dana      

guateTS
on 3/8/07 3:23 am
DS on 03/19/12
That's amazing that you're taking responsibility and seeking help.  Good luck!

NeedHelp
on 3/8/07 4:24 am - Rockford, IL
Lisa, I know it will be hard to leave the kids, but in the end everyone will benefit from having a healthier mom.  Take care. KimM
marieh
on 3/8/07 9:06 am - So. Easton, MA

Lisa. I am SO proud of you! I KNOW how hard this choice is on you but you're taking responsibility for your actions, your life, and keeping your family safe and TOGETHER! You're doing the right thing for all the right reasons....remember that when you wonder if you did the right thing!! Love Marie

RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/8/07 9:18 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Lisa.. thank you for taking time to update us on YOU.   Trying to cure ourself is never easy.. especially from a disease of addiction.  You are doing the RIGHT thing.. going in wanting to be helped is best..  prayers are with you and family.  Your husband and kids need you to be healthy.. YOU need you to be healthy.. you are not alone.  There are sooo many in your shoes.. just know that you don't have to continue living in a drunken state with all it's uncertainties.  Now that the hidden stuff is out in the open just keep it honest and work on getting you better. hugssss Rhonda
Patricia R.
on 3/8/07 9:52 am - Perry, MI
Lisa, I am praying for you and your family.  This is the beginning of a new life for all of you.  Keep an open mind and remember that it is one day at a time. God bless. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

shoegirl1023
on 3/8/07 11:19 am - Solon, OH
Remember when u had ur WLS, u did it not only for yourself, but to be around for your family, now u are taking another step towards doing the same. I wish u much luck and good health. I am not an alchoholic, but a food addict with 15 months post op, and know where ur coming from. Just take it one day at a time and let urself get better. We are never recovered, but with enough care, love and support, we can stay focused. Take care

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

Curious G.
on 3/8/07 6:57 pm - Peachtree City, GA
You and your family are in my prayers. You **CAN** do this.  Listen to what the professionals tell you.  Think about it.  Do what they say.  Try to go into it all with an open mind. Your kids will recover from the short time away.  I never thought my kids would recover from the awful behavior I exhibited when active in my drinking.  However, it's been only six months sober, and the improvements in each of them are mind boggling.  They want and deserve a predictable mommy :-) I'm so proud of you for taking this step.  Keep fighting the good fight - you are totally worth it! Love, Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

RedBuddafly
on 3/9/07 12:48 am - Phoenix, AZ
Lisa,  May you find peace & happiness through your journey in recovery.  It feels good to feel good!!! :)  May god bless you and your family through this process!  Erica
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views