Has anyone sought (or thought about it)

Loril
on 3/3/07 10:16 am - Hopkins, MN
professional help for eating disorder issues after WLS?  If so, please email me for some questions that I have.....THANKS for any input-Lori

Lori at Goal  

RNY October 2004

Patricia R.
on 3/4/07 3:54 am - Perry, MI
I have been in therapy for eating disorder since 1989.  I have done an Intensive Outpatient Program twice in that time.  I am still in therapy, and working on developing my coping skills.  I recommend therapy for anyone having this surgery.  I am also in recovery for alcoholism, sober over 5 years. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 3/4/07 11:29 am - So. Easton, MA
Hi Loril, I'm pre=op and in therapy to recognize my food triggers and understand me better.  I know that transfer addiction is a big issue with wls patients and for most of us whether it's food, booze, shopping, shoes, etc...we're all addicts to a degree. I'm sober 21 years now. I feel people take far better care of their physical health and far worse care of their mental health. Give yourself a gift and find a therapist you're comfy with....Do it for you! ;)  Marie

katherinesalzlein
on 3/7/07 7:16 am - Cape May Court House, NJ
Hi Marie,

I'm pre-op too and also in therapy. I definately agree that I'm an addict to food , shopping, t.v., in recovery 5 yrs for booze and pain killers. I also suffer from chronic depession and chronic pain(arthritis). I'm worried cuz I can't seem to get an answer about taking cybalta and welbrutrin post-op. I talk to my therapist about it but she doesn't know much about wls. I'm not sure I can go off them as my husband committed suicide and I have 2 teenage girls, one with special needs.I'm just getting myself together. My surgeon said ask the person who prescribes the meds? Got any ideas?
marieh
on 3/7/07 10:07 am - So. Easton, MA
Well, I'm not a doctor, but I'd start with yours. I know meds will have to be decreased for me, my insulin doses for starters. I'd start there and ask tons of questions!!  Let the board know how you make out with an answer!! Marie

KC
on 3/29/07 12:05 am - Houston, TX
I'd be really interested in any info you received.  I today decided that I need to consult with someone on my food addiction/issues and really don't know how to go about finding someone who specializes in this.    Thanks.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views