A Web Friend has Passed Away

Michelle W.
on 3/1/07 6:46 am - Olmsted Falls, OH
I am sorry to inform everyone that a web friend, Sonja Tyler has passed away recently.She was a patient of Dr. Hallowell at University Hospital.I do not know if her death was related to the procedure, I saw the obituary in today's newspaper.Sonja was a great friend to me at the time of my surgery.She and I did no more than share words on this website, and talk on the phone once or twice, but at the time, it helped me alot.If anyone knows what happened to her, please contact me. I am very saddened by her passing. It just shows how important and wonderful this website is.There are beautiful people here who have taken the time to ease the worries of others, we should all remember them even long after our surgeries.Sometimes a perfect stranger can change our life for the better.Sonja did that for me, just by talking to me when I needed a friend who understood what I was going through.Please remember her in your thoughts. Thank You, Michelle
RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/1/07 8:26 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Sorry for your loss Michelle.. I know that I have personally met some wonderful people from this OH site.. and would be heartbroken if something were to happen to them.   Do you know her Profile site.. ??  I would love to learn more about her.. or even post to her SURGERY SUPPORT page, incase family should see it. hugsss Rhonda
shoegirl1023
on 3/1/07 10:39 pm - Solon, OH
HI Rhonda, I found Sonja's profile, just click on the people link above, then people search, and put in her first and last name where indicated and it should come up. How very sad it was to read about her passing, I never knew who she was, and was just going onto all the different forums today and I came across the addictions one. I guess fate has its way to telling us something. Take care.

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/2/07 2:13 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
thank you.. I found her but it appears her profile was pretty empty.   I will keep her loved ones in my prayers..
shoegirl1023
on 3/2/07 2:57 am - Solon, OH
You are welcome. Her profile was pretty empty, and sad to read knowing she has passed away. She was so young as well. I wish there was somewhere we could post a message to her family. If anyone reads this and knows where we can do that, please let me know.

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/2/07 8:22 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
here is the bereavement forum.. perhaps a post there would be nice.. altho I'm not certain if many go there..  perhaps GOOGLING will indicate where her services are.. or what the family wishes are.. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/bereavement/ take care.
Jodi5634
on 3/2/07 9:28 pm - Farmerville, LA
I also looked up this ladies file. I was able to pull the profile up but no new posts were made. When you enter the name 2 sonja tyler's show up one doesn't have a picture but it appears to be the same person If she passed wouldn' t the overall staff let the members know of would they have to have consent from the family This is a question overall for all members to know if someone finds the answer please let me know THANKS!!! Estella Tucker
shoegirl1023
on 3/14/07 10:17 am - Solon, OH
Hi Michelle, did u ever find anything more on Sonjas passing?

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views