Checking in....

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 2/28/07 6:37 pm - East Burbs, MN
Howdy my friends!!  Since I was WIDE awake at 2:30 CST today I thought I would take this opportunity to check in.. I have recently celebrated my 60 days of sobriety and LIFE is good..  With lots of prayers, I have felt stronger with my decision to "not be a drinker" and truly hope and pray for that continued strength.  I have yet to get back to an AA meeting, WHY.. not sure.. laziness I suppose..  It would be good for me to atleast get one meeting in a week for accountability and renewed strength and faith that I am not alone in this fight.  I have an upcoming trip to FL planned (10 days...) and am very excited!  Had a realization recently that everytime I have ever done a vacation like this, it was pretty much spent on the beach, beer in hand and beach bar within 100 feet.  I have an overwelming confidence that this will be ALL beach and no beer... I truly hope and pray all are well and doing great!   

Dana      

RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/1/07 8:22 am, edited 3/1/07 8:32 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Hi Dana.. good to see that all is well with you.. I just celebrated over 100 days and going strong.  Like you I have not attended an AA meeting in a while.. and like you just laziness.  Once I'm home in the evenings after work.. I just hate going back out.  I keep thinking I need to go and feel guilty for not going, but I'm still fine. Good luck in Florida.. I will be going to the Smokey Mountains with a bunch of friends from the SINGLE'S BOARD weekend of March 23.. I know many will be drinking, but they know of my SOBRIETY so I should be safe!! hugs to you.. and anyone else who may be lurking!!
Patricia R.
on 3/2/07 12:28 am - Perry, MI
Hi there, It is so good to see you doing well. I am not celebrating any anniversaries, and have not been to a meeting lately either. Not laziness but busyness. I work three jobs. Keep up the good work, and celebrating your recovery. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views