Fibromyalgia anyone?

NeedHelp
on 2/28/07 7:37 am - Rockford, IL
Do any of you who post on this board have Fibromyalgia?  I am wondering if there is a connection between wls and Fibromyalgia?  I have been recently diagnosed and was wondering what worked and what didn't? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was so appreciative of the advice people gave me on my migraines. You are a knowledgable bunch of folks.  Thanks, Kim M.
RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/1/07 8:17 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
sorry Kim.. but I do not suffer with Fibromyalgia.. but my mom was diagnosed with that many years ago.  I know for her it is very painful at times.  I was looking to see if there was a seperate Forum for that but do not see one.  Best wishes to you tho..
NeedHelp
on 3/1/07 9:10 am - Rockford, IL
Rhonda, thank you so much for your encouragement.  My rheumatologist wants me to take some scarey medications but I am hoping to talk her into lots of physical therapy and less threatening medications. I just appreciate how everyone comes together to help each other on this forum. If it weren't for my OH contacts I would be truly lost right now.  We have moved to a new place and left family and friends of 20 plus years. No telling what I would be doing if I didn't have this support.  Thanks again Rhonda!  Kim M.
RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/1/07 7:20 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
I know I love this forum also.. and the people here.  It is a wonderful support system.. I think my friends who have not had WLS are jealous.. LOL..  I wish they to had a place to go.. just to discuss everyday life things. Since you are on the Addictions board.. and you have had WLS.. I would be sure to let your doctor know.. we would hate for you to become addicted to some very strong addicting pain killers.. I hope your doctor is able to work with you on that, since we tend to transfer addictions.   Have a good day Kim..
Lauretta
on 3/20/07 1:38 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
I was diagnosed with fibro long before wls. It is actually less of a problem since I lost weight. Yes it still flares up but as I am smaller and generally healthier I have less severe episodes. Good luck! Laurie
NeedHelp
on 3/21/07 4:11 am - Rockford, IL
Laurie, if you don't mind me asking, what was/is your treatment plan for flare ups or generally before wls.  I take it you don't think there is any connection with fibro and wls.  I never had it before wls is why I ask.  Also, I am at loss for how to get help.  I see a rheumatologist who is trying but I don't know how much relief I feel I have received.  Thanks, Kim
Lauretta
on 3/21/07 11:12 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
I was addicted to pain meds pre op and do not t ake them anymore. I have a fairly high tolerance myself. I have much greater pain from my osteoarthritis. I am furtunate to live in Florida since cold weather makes it worse. I do have a hot tub and that helps me so much. I rest my body when I have a great deal of pain but when I am doing well I stay active. Sitting too much makes me more sore. I start getting increasingly sluggish. I retired from my nursing career as the stress caused too much fatigue. Today I work part time only 5 hours shift selling clothes at Chicos. My body starts to complain around 5 hours so I do not work more than that 2-3 days weekly. Rarely more than 2 days in a row. I am fortunate to be able to do this. I wish you the best of luck and  from what I understand fibro can get better spontaneously. I do not understand why mine is better altho I do know I feel better in general and I do not even think about it as I just learned to accept the discomfort and found some peace about it. My attitude has helped a great deal. At 50 yr old and all the abuse I had to my body from obesity I accept that some things just are not working 100%. It really is a lot of comparison on my part to how awful I felt pre op! I was dying. I walked with a cane. Depression made everything worse. Sorry I do not have much advise. I do hope you can get a quality life thru this. It is very frustrating and scary. Hugs, Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views