Glad I found all of you

marieh
on 2/17/07 12:23 am - So. Easton, MA

Hi Denise,

I'm glad you found the board!! I've been sober 21 yrs. and little by little I am working on conquering all of my addictions. Trouble is, we're hooked on food (can't really quit that cold turkey now can we??) so once that's taken away, we turn to something else. The booze comforts lots of WLS patients because it's that hand ot mouth thing, AND it's a fast high. Shame there are such negative effects. I read Tarot and regular cards and jewelry...and for a time did some work with Reiki. The benefits are amazing.  Thanks for posting the link! That was great!! Marie

TiggerMom
on 3/28/07 7:47 am, edited 4/2/07 6:49 am
Hello all, Thank you for your honest information and thoughts on this issue!  My mom had gastric bypass over 3 years ago, and recently with many emotional factors coming into play - she has begun drinking 1-2 bottles of wine a night.  When she talks about it with us (myself, my sister, and my dad) she admits that it is a problem but says that it was worse about a year ago when she was taking Vicodin and Ambien AND drinking an entire bottle of wine - so now that she's only drinking the worse thing that can happen is that she is putting back on weight she had lost. It worries me because obviously down the road there will be more medical implications of the drinking, but no matter how I approach the issue she blows it off as though it's not my business.  I understand that she is the mom and I am only 28, however it scares me to think she won't be around to see her grandson (currently 16 months) graduate from high school if she continues to abuse alcohol. Thanks for listening to me and if you have any suggestions of what really made a difference to you and what you did to keep from replacing your food or other addiction with alcohol after your surgery, I would SO VERY much appreciate any feedback you might have.  Thank you, again, in advance for your help!!!   Sincerely, Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views