bulimia, Drugs, WSL...

EZDZIT2000
on 2/14/07 2:48 am - Elk Grove, CA
I am not sure where to post this... Abuse or Addictions... I am an addict.. recovering 6 years clean.  I also binge and purge....  I have found myself purging more now that i am trying to lose the initial 10% before surgery.    I don't know why i felt the need to tell someone that..  i guess from working the 12 steps I have realized that denial dies in the light of exposure.  and being humble is a good state to be in. i am sad today...
NeedHelp
on 2/14/07 3:38 am - Rockford, IL
You are an amazing woman.  Just think of the victory you have claimed over the last six years!  Also, because I had to throw up unintentially at first after WLS, I hope I never puke again and you may feel that too.  It is good to put lies and deception out there. Look at all you have learned.
EZDZIT2000
on 2/14/07 3:53 am - Elk Grove, CA
Thank you!!
 330/289/195/175  highest/preop/current/goal
"If you don't like where I am, Leave me where you found me.  Someone else will come along."
GETTING CLOSE!!!
Patricia R.
on 2/14/07 5:00 am - Perry, MI
I have done the binge/purge cycle in the past.  I was even in eating disorder treatment for my eating disorder.  I can certainly empathize with how hard that behavior is to stop.  I really think I could not have stopped without help from the treatment, and my therapist.  Therapy helped me identify what was cooking in my past and in my current thinking that was driving my behavior.  It also taught me healthy coping skills for dealing with the feelings I constantly struggle with.   For starters, you may want to try journaling and a regular program of exercise to help you. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/07 12:18 am - MD
I just happen to peak in to this board and see your post, I used to be bulimic and i can tell you that, once I began to tell people, it helped me to stop because I was embarrassed to slip away and purge. Here is a good start.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views