It does feel good to...

vickiang
on 7/8/06 3:19 am - Austin, TX
It does feel good to help others, Laurie. Not surprisingly, that's exactly what's been on my mind these past two days. Back in Santa Cruz, I had a fellow AA whom I had know for ten years come over a build an arbor. I put my engagement ring on the kitchen sink, Chuckcame in and got some coffee. Next thing I know, Chuck has left on a flight to France to see his estranged son and wife. I was a wls angel a couple of months back. The kids stayed with us while Mom was in the hospital. Now my wedding ring, which I had on my dressing table, and all of Zoe's earrings are gone. Ricks' Iin Singapore. He asked if I wanted anything fom there and I told him just a gold band. He refuses. He says it's my fault for being a bad judge of character. Not sure what I should make of this. I feel myself wanting to slip into resentment, but I really don't want to go there. I feel sad. Sad that he wouldn't WANT me to be wearing his ring, and a bit unloved. The only thing worse than not having someone commissmerate with me, is someone actually blaming me and making me feel worse. Well, he's in Singapore having a good time, so it's useless for me to go into self pity. I'm not a jewelry person. This is important to me. Guess it's just one more opportunity to practice letting go. Ha WERE I to point fingers, which I won't, he's the one who lost my 2 diamond earrings by leaving them in his old apt. LOL! Selective memory? Oh well, no big deal I guess.Not my problem if men thinkI'm single! Ugh!! Geesh, that put it in pers[ective. I'd rather do w/o a ring than have to actually go out and date again. Vicki P.S. The new diet coke with Splenda is nasty! Good thing I'm not supposed to drink soda anyway.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views