Im Sabrina and im a alcoholic

FREE2BEME
on 2/9/07 5:25 am - denver, CO
Hi all, i was sober for 7 years and about 4 years ago went through alot of changes and figured i could drink again...then i had RNY in june and my drinking went full force bad and fast it progressed but after thanksgiving i was out of control today i have 5 days sober and have started going back to meetings and also got a sponser i was amazed at how differnt drinking made me feel after the surgery but i am not suprised i went to that addiction after changing the fact i cant turn to food....just wanted to talk thanks for listening Bre
Amber B.
on 2/9/07 5:33 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Welcome, Bre. It's nice to see you around here. We all have been through what you are going through and I think you made the right decision. It worked for me at least. Thankfully, I figured out I had a problem before my surgery and quit 2 years ago. I can't even imagine what I would be like if I tried to drink the same way I did before the surgery. My best friend started drinking about 6 months after her surgery and it only took her 6 more months of drinking to go to the program, she was out of control soooo quick. Just try and take it one day at a time and go to lots of meetings, it works!!! Amber
marieh
on 2/9/07 10:44 am - So. Easton, MA
FIVE DAYS IS AWESOME!! Good for you and pat y'self on the back!! I've been sober 21 years now and know that I turned to food after I stopped the booze. NOW I've figured when I'm post-op I'll read, or work on stained glass projects, or take a walk. It's wonderful that you're working on taking care of YOU again!! Work the program and I'll be rooting for you!! Marie
Patricia R.
on 2/9/07 12:15 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Bre, Welcome to recovery once again. I had over 8 years of sobriety in the 90s, and threw it away for a few years. I came back into recovery in 2001, and have been sober ever since. Now that I have had my surgery, the feelings are more intense, and the temptation to drink is really strong. I only imagine how messed up I would be if I drank now. Good for you for getting back to program and getting a sponsor. Pat yourself on the back and take it one day at a time. I just finally got a sponsor after being without one for a couple of years. It made a difference in the past two weeks. I got to my step meeting tonight and we had a talk afterward. Hang in there and post as much as you need to. Hugs, Trish
RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/10/07 7:43 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
I'm happy for you.. I'm glad you realized you have no control and are back to the steps My drinking escalated also after WLS... I just came to terms that my body could not handle it and did NOT want to live that life.. taking risks on health.. and all other bad consequences alcohol brings. Stay strong.. and so glad you posted. Feel free to view my profile if like.. I have mention of my addiction there, along with my boyfriends who is also recovering. He is WLS person also. Hugs to you, Rhonda
Curious G.
on 2/10/07 11:22 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Hey Bre - welcome! Congrats on your five days!!! I've got almost 5 months sober here, and boy oh boy do I know what you are talking about! I love AA so much, because it really DOES help! I've been having some odd thoughts the past few days myself, and if I didn't have a sponsor, program friends and the spiritual toolbox, I'd have drank a dozen times in the past week. I'm sitting here this morning trying to identify the WHY I have been thinking of drinking the past few days. I just decided I'm thinking about it cuz I'm an alcoholic, and it's not necessary to really know what is triggering it, as long as I keep saying, "well whatever - TODAY I am not going to drink, no matter what". It worked yesterday, and it will work today. I'm michelle, and I'm a grateful recovering alcoholic, and TODAY, I'm not going to drink - no matter what! Welcome back - look forward to more of your posts! hugs, Michelle
Gail T.
on 2/18/07 12:17 pm - Naples, FL
Hey Bre....I just wanted to say Good Luck to you sweetie, I have 2 1/2 weeks sobriety and have a sponsor as well. I am now going to post my story onto this forum but if you wish read my blog.... it might hit home for you. God Bless you Bre. I will include you as well as our other WLS Patient Alcoholics in my prayers tonight.... thanking Him for another day of sobriety. Gail

Soon To Be Melted away!! 

www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws    www.Bigoo.ws 

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views