Out-patient treatment vs in-patient...

Loril
on 2/3/07 11:05 am - Hopkins, MN
I don't know what is involved in out-patient...has anyone done this? Is it discreet, work-wise? Any info would be so appreciated! Thanks in advance- Lori
Patricia R.
on 2/3/07 12:54 pm - Perry, MI
All therapists must maintain client confidentiality. HIPAA is a law that requires medical providers must maintain patient confidentiality. Mental health providers, including substance abuse treatment providers are bound by HIPAA, and also codes of ethics that require confidentiality. I have been in individual psychotherapy for a very long time, and my therapist has always protected my confidentiality. I am now a therapist at an outpatient clinic, and I must maintain confidentiality. Just over a year ago, I participated in outpatient eating disorder treatment, and it was confidential. Usually medical insurance determines if you are suitable for in-patient, or out-patient treatment. It would be best for you to be evaluated at a rehab to determine what level of care you need, and if your insurance provider will pay for it. My son was in two in-patient rehabs and one out-patient rehab. Insurance called all the shots in his care. Hugs,Trish
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 2/3/07 5:58 pm - East Burbs, MN
Hey Lori~ I was registered for an Out-Patient stint at the U. It is 3 nights a week, 5-8.
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/07 6:01 am - Plymouth, MN
Lori, I know from working in HR (in a past career) that if your insurance is through your employer. a list of what services and the costs is supplied to your employer by the insurance company. Hugs Linda
NeedHelp
on 2/6/07 2:21 am - Rockford, IL
Lori, so are you saying that my employer knows all of my medical issues? What about my privacy? That information would make some people not want to get help for fear their employer would know to much? Thoughts? Kim M.
(deactivated member)
on 2/6/07 9:44 am - Plymouth, MN
If you have insrurance through your employer, your employer pays most if not all of your premium. Your employer dictates to the insurance company what procedures are allowed and what procedures are excluded. They also get a report that is similar to your EOB. They pay the majority of the premium so, yes, they get a certain amount of detail about how the insurance is being used. Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views