valuim

gloria V.
on 1/19/07 8:34 pm - Salem, MA
Hi, I am 13 months out, and 9 weeks pregnant... I have relied on valuim and other benzo's since age 15 for sleep and anxiety, I did abuse them when I was younger, but in the past 11 years I have only taken them as prescribed.... well of course when I found out I was pregnant I weaned off fast. Last night my D/H said hun I found a whole bottle of valuim..... I was shocked at my response... I really wanted one, felt like I needed one...OMG it was like I was mourning the darn stupid pill... I opted to take a half of one, then I flushed them, I even cried...ohh my. I guess once an addict always one...I guess even tho I took them as prescribed, I was def addicted, I think I will stay away from them even after the baby is born. I felt guilty all night for taking the half. I talked to my MD a few weeks ago when I was having an anxiety attack, he said a half would not hurt, but I really should of course try to avoid, I guess in my mind that was my excuse. Thanks for listening Gloria
Patricia R.
on 1/20/07 8:46 am - Perry, MI
When I learned I was an alcoholic/addict, my doctors would not prescribe valium or xanax for me ever again. A good doctor would offer you safer meds for anxiety than those. Buspar is what I am on for anxiety. But, I also had to learn healthy coping skills to deal with my anxiety. I don't know if Buspar is safe to take during pregnancy. You would have to consult a doctor for that information. Do you have support from a group, or any coping skills to help you with your anxiety? I am in therapy and attend AA. Those two things help me tremendously. Good luck with your pregnancy. Hugs, Trish
Lauretta
on 1/24/07 11:16 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Trish- you look amazing!!!!!! Laurie
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 1/20/07 5:57 pm - East Burbs, MN
Hey Gloria~ There are safer options out there for anxiety and that would be safe for baby. I wish you all the best!
jen99
on 1/26/07 2:09 am
Hi Gloria, Good for you for trying so hard to do the right thing for yourself and your baby! Don't beat yourself up for taking the pill the other night, at one time it helped you - and right now your dealing with alot. You definitely don't want to turn to it again, 'cause it obviously didn't help, look how it made you feel. I am struggling right now to find the right things to help me cope and deal. You are to be commended for putting your pregnancy first, I wish you all the best, wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all better! Unfortunately, I am learning there is no magic wand or magic pill to do that!... Hugs, Jen
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views