Hi Everyone

Patricia R.
on 1/12/07 4:50 pm - Perry, MI
How is everyone this week? I had a hellish week, to say the least. I work three jobs, and have basically worked 12 days straight. My teaching job, which I hate with a passion got really ugly this week. I was observed, and then my students started behaving subhumanly the rest of the week. My part time evening job is as a psychotherapist in a mental health agency near the school I teach at. Monday, two of my clients were no shows with no phone call. One of them had been doing that for three weeks straight. I just started this job right before Christmas. I don't get paid if I don't see a client. Plus, I sit there and wait for the client, and waste a lot of time. The next day, my two clients at least called to say they couldn't make it. That was not as bad. Finally, on Thursday, I got one client who came in, and one was a no show again. The thing that upset me the most was that I had a really strong urge to say "F*** it" and get drunk in the middle of the week. I had no serenity and felt so lost and alone. Thank God, I had the sense to remind myself that was not the answer to my problem. So, I went to the gym and had a really good workout instead. Friday, my son called to say he would be driving in during the night so that he could take me to lunch on Saturday. Then he is going to his Dad's for a football game, but coming back to my place to watch our Philadelphia Eagles in the playoffs. He does not know that my family will be here to celebrate his birthday a couple of weeks early. He lives in New York City. His fiancee will be taking some photos of me for my Avatar and a dating website. The good news is, I went to get a long sleeve Eagles T-shirt for work, and was able to fit in an X-Large, which is a first in ages. One of the joys of WLS and working my program. Have a great weekend. Go Eagles. Hugs, Trish
marieh
on 1/13/07 11:59 am - So. Easton, MA
That's wonderful!! I'm so glad you were able to be strong! I'm sure the job thing will iron itself out soon! Marie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views