Today is day 5 of sobriety for me

Kimberlee
on 1/8/07 1:08 am - Bloomington, MN
Hi, everyone, i know i have been just reading the posts for awhile, i was wondering if anyone has gone to or heard of Women for Sobriety meetings? I went to one last week, and it has helped me get thru the last few days. I know the AA program well, and i just felt i needed more emotional help. Thanks to everyone who posts on this site, every one is so honest. Matt, keep up the good work. I feel like i am in a fog, and i have had constant headaches. Any suggestions to help me thru the physical stuff i am going thru right now? Thanks, Kim D
DarDar
on 1/8/07 4:18 am - exton, PA
Hello Kim, Welcome to the forum. What your going through is normal. Try drinking more water. Keep going to meetings, and get a sponsor. Hang in there...it WILL get better. DarDar
Kimberlee
on 1/8/07 4:54 am - Bloomington, MN
Dar Dar, Thanks for thinking of me, i am working on the water it is hard but, i need to do it, i know, water, water, water. A little bit of coffee, just so i can keep my eyes open. I have someone from the group checking in with me until the next meeting this week. Thanks, Kim D
Amber B.
on 1/8/07 4:36 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Detoxing is rough, but you should be getting through the worst of it now. I haven't heard of that exact type of meeting, but we have a lot of Women's Meetings here in AA. We also have a meeting where we study straight out of the "Women's Guide To The 12 Steps" book. I'm sure they have women's meetings in your area. Stay strong, go to meetings, get a sponsor, ask for phone numbers, and pick up the phone! We're here to help. Take care, Amber
Kimberlee
on 1/8/07 4:52 am - Bloomington, MN
Thank you Amber, I just spoke with my Mental Health nurse, they are changing my meds, i am on Wellbutrin XL and Prozac, she told me the sugar and carb cravings are very normal for some one on Prozac for over 1 year and the craving for alcohol also, that is me, also Clenching my jaws at night, also from the Prozac. So they are upping the wellbutrin and lowering the Prozac to the smallest amount so these side affects can tame down a bit. Thanks for being with me! I feel better just being able to be honest with my Doctor finally. Kim D
Beverly1956
on 1/11/07 12:48 pm - Poplar Grove, IL
Congrats on taking that first step towards sobriety. When I saw your post I notiiced that you are taking Wellbutrin XL. I have been told that if a med does not dissolve within 1/2 hour in water it may not be the best for us post-op because our meds do not stay in our pouch long enough. I was given the slow release Wellbutrin and it only 1/2 dissolved with the 1/2 hour. I imagine the XL might even take longer. I recently switched to the old type Wellbutrin and that puppy dissolved very quickly, it just might have to be taken more often. I figured it's better to do that though then not get any advantage from it. Just something to consider. Good luck.... Bev
Gail T.
on 2/3/07 4:44 pm - Naples, FL
Thanks Bev.... I'm going to be testing my pills today after reading your reply. I am also working on my fourth day of sobriety and hitting the AA meetings.
Patricia R.
on 1/8/07 7:28 am - Perry, MI
Hi Kim, I researched recovery options for women when I was in graduate school, and am familiar with Women for Sobriety. I would check them out, but they are not convenient where I live. Whatever path you choose, be open and willing to change your thinking and behavior. Hugs, Trish
Kimberlee
on 1/8/07 11:19 pm - Bloomington, MN
Pat, Thank you for the encouraging words, I went on the internet and typed in Women for Sobriety and the website came up, they also have online chats, like we do. Hugs to you too. Kim D
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 1/8/07 6:44 pm - East Burbs, MN
Hey Kim~ Many hugs to you!! I would very much like to go to a WofS meeting, however I have yet to search one out. I wish you all the best in your continued journey for sobriety! Dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views