Went to my first aa meating

matt
on 1/7/07 7:47 am - fairfield, CA
I could not figuire out why I was drinking more now then before my RNYand it hit me the other day it was not transfer of addiction but before my food addiction was stronger then the alcohal and food does not give you a hangover. I am 10 months out and near my goal weight but started to drink 2 months ago again. Before my surgery I drank often but now it was alot more like 4 nights a week and even on sundays which I never did before.I never ate and drank together so I drank less now since I dont stop for a burger king meal after work I want a beer instead.And on sundays I used to eat alot so I never drank. Well I realized I need to do something since I have not lost a lb since I started drinking again so I will give AA a try
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 1/7/07 6:38 pm - East Burbs, MN
Hey Matt~ Congrats on going to your first meeting! That is a huge step on the path to recovery. I wish you all the best..! Dana
RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/7/07 8:59 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Hi Matt Congratulations on going to an AA meeting... I have SOBRIETY since 11/17/06... go to AA meetings and really enjoy em. Did you enjoy your first meeting? Was it open or lead?? Keep up the good work.. and hope to see ya on this BOARD once in awhile Rhonda
Amber B.
on 1/7/07 10:42 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I think you're making a good, brave decision, Matt. I would try at least 6 meetings and see if you do feel you're an alcoholic. There are lots of different people at different peoples and you're bound to find someone who is in the same position as you. Try to be open and don't be afraid to ask questions or get someones phone number at the end of a meeting. We try to help when anyone reaches out their hands. Have a good day, Amber
DarDar
on 1/7/07 11:34 pm - exton, PA
Welcome Matt, I wish you well on your journey. Believe me...it is a journey and a process. Keep coming back to meetings. DarDar
Patricia R.
on 1/8/07 7:26 am - Perry, MI
Congratulations on taking the first step of recovery. I have been attending AA meetings since 1989. I am now sober a little over five years, because I am a hard learner. Keep an open mind and be willing to change your thinking and behavior. Hugs, Trish
marieh
on 1/22/07 10:22 am - So. Easton, MA
Hey Matt!! Congratulations on your decision to check out AA! I am sober 21 yrs now and I thank G-d every day that I wake up knowing what day it is! My drinking started out with wine with dinner, then wine after dinner...then trying to figure out how well wine and cheerios would ... white? red? or champagne? Since I stopped so long ago and am pre op right now, I am concerned about addiction transfer. I know what I'm capable of, that's for sure! It's a struggle, but its' so worth it to get healthy! Good for you!! Marie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views