Does Drinking Make Your Pouch Stretch?

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/07 4:14 am
I thought I heard this somewhere. Can anyone tell me? I know lately I have been drinking like crazy! I don't know why, but I have been acting like a school girl. I really need to put this in check!
NeedHelp
on 1/5/07 3:11 am - Rockford, IL
I don't know if it will make your pouch stretch, but alcohol is loaded with calories and will put the halt to weight loss. That is enough for me. I never want to weigh what I did before wls ever ever again. Kim M.
kittycat5757
on 1/5/07 11:17 am
Take it from me, slow down big time on the drinking. It's not worth it. I am 1 1/2 years out and have only lost 61 pounds because i started drinking to replace my food addiction. I'm so disgusted with myself. I should have nearly 3/4 of my weight off and instead I have 140 pounds still to go. I have recently quit drinking and started working out 3-4 times a week and maintaining a 1200 calorie diet to get my weight loss started again. I just hope it's not too late. Believe me, the disappointment you will have in yourself from not losing weight because of the alcohol intake is NOT worth it.
Patricia R.
on 1/5/07 1:28 pm - Perry, MI
I don't know about the pouch. If you do not know why you are drinking, I strongly urge you to seek therapy to find out. It is not uncommon to switch addictions. For me, food was always my first addiction, and I drank as well. When I first quit drinking in 1989, I gained 100 pounds over a 10 year period. I lost some, but started drinking again. When I stopped drinking five years ago, I gained back that weight, plus more. Since my WLS, the urge to drink has returned at times, but I work an AA program to prevent a relapse.
Amber B.
on 1/7/07 10:45 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I have heard this myself and found it to be true, especially with carbonated drinks. I quit drinking almost 2 years ago because I have a problem. I also quit drinking soda since having surgery. There are so many calories and sugar in drinks. It's really not worth it. There have been many studies relating our Surgeries to alcoholism. Our bodys are different now and we can't drink like we used to. I watched my best friend go through it and now we're in AA together. Good luck with everything, Amber
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views