spouses of an addict.......

steelergirl
on 1/4/07 12:58 am - hazlet, NJ
My am having a hard dealing with my husband's addiction. I am attending FA meetings that are helping me a little. At point do you say enough is enough. He went to rehab in October for 21 days. He came home and was doing great. He relapsed before his 60 days and the end of November. He has not gone to a meeting in over 3 weeks and is not talking to his sponsor. I am at my wits end. He is looking for a job and I am afraid he will not pass a drug test. If there are any spouses out there reading this.......how do you cope??? We havie been married for over 10 years and his addiction has been for the last 1 1/2 yrs. I feel I deserve so much more out of life! Doesn't he see what he is doing to us????
Patricia R.
on 1/4/07 8:39 am - Perry, MI
He probably does see what he is doing to you, but is powerless to stop himself at this point. You can't make him want to stay sober. He has to want that for himself. It may take him trial and error. You have no control over it. That powerlessness you are experiencing is very scary. I would encourage you to get therapy for yourself. It would help you sort through your fears and powerlessness. Hugs, Trish
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views